Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herb plants for hedging

Options
  • 13-11-2022 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I'm planting alot of farm hedging this winter, 500m. I'd like to also plant plants that can be used for human and even animal medical remedies.

Any ideas of what plants I could plant in the hedge?

I'll be mixing it with the likes of Hazel, Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Whitethorn.

I already have some Rosehiip, Whitethorn, Blackberries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RahulSHrs

Hello I am from India here as a herbal medicinal plant we use TULSI, ASHWAGANDHA, NEEM, etc. Also I want other herbal plants if known.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭GoogleBot

Bay leaf tree. Gives good flavour to soup or tea, good source of vitamin A, vitamin B6, and vitamin C. These vitamins are all known to support a healthy immune system. Bay leaf tea can help ease bouts of upset stomach. The tea is also very aromatic, which can help relieve sinus pressure or stuffy nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lemon balm.. Low growing so will fill gaps. aka melissa officinalis

It is the one medicinal herb I use almost daily. Helps sleep without side effects.. Just a few leaves...

Advertisement