If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic DP UB820 4k Blueray player

Options
  • 12-11-2022 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭

Hi do you know when you'll be getting stock of the DP UB820? Should have ordered it last week when you had stock online but I was humming and hawing about going for the Sony UBPX800M2 over it. I've just got a Sony A80J (sorry impulse buy locally!) is there any benefit to going with the Sony player beyond the two remotes integrating better. Nearly everything I've read rates the UB820 as better.

Also to ask I got a Denon AVRX2000 off you 8 years ago, still going strong but half the buttons on the remote don't work anymore, can you source a replacement remote for me?

Need to get a bit longer out of the Denon, hopefully will be able to upgrade it and retire it to second room duties next year if we ever get our extension built. Still not sure on layout and which room will be the main one for movies. Working on being allowed to go back to a pair of floor standers but if not I'll go for good in walls and ceiling speakers!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Ryath.

Thanks for the post.

You are in luck I have one of the 82's left in stock brand new boxed.

Currently price at 355 Euro delivered.

Both the Sony and the Pana are great players and both perform very well.

The Pana is the more popular and stock is like hens teeth.

I can check with our service department on Monday regarding a new remote for the AVRX2000 to see if they can still be gotten. I'll also have a check here at the store in case there is a rogue one kicking around here.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

Hi Kenny

I'll take it. Can you hold it for me till Monday and I'll wait and see if you can get the denon remote and I'll sort out payment together.

I'm mulling over options for an stereo amp or av receiver so may be looking for a bundle deal. It's to power a pair the Wharfedale DX 1 speakers for a desktop PC that's set up in an alcove so space is tight. I'll upgrade the speakers down the line when the PC is moved to the new office.

I use a headphones a good bit so a good headphone output is essential. Sennheiser HD599s so very easy drive. Some things though that limit all in one options, PC only has a line out so would prefer a built in usb DAC. 4ohm speakers that limits amp choice want subwoofer output and digital coaxial. Considering adding a turntable at some point to.

Denon PMA-60 was probably my pick size wise but it seems stock is an issue? It's a bit pricey to and not terribly well reviewed.

Quad Vena II ticks most of the boxes bar the sub out but guess I could use the pre out if needs be. Probably best headphone output to as it claims to have a dedicated circuit for it.

Cambridge Audio CXA61 is tempting at the £499 a lot bigger than I was planning but think I may be able to squeeze it in if I can find the right size montitor riser and I'll put it under it.

Budget option would be the Denon PMA30 and I'll just use the line out for the moment and I'll get a usb DAC or add a sound card with optical out at some point.

At the size of the CXA61 though I possibly considering the Marantz NR1510 or NR1200. Know I'll probably compromising on the headphone output. How is the NR1510 for stereo? It or even the NR1711 are tempting for future proofing. Would make for tidy set as I can have the receiver in the office and the TV will be on the wall in the extension on the other side.

Do you do the offer on the Project Primary E for half price if you buy an amp that's on the UK site?

Sorry for all the options! Trying to get them clear in my head so helps type them out.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Ryath,

Out of all of the amps you have listed above I definitely think the CXA61 is the way to go. I have a CXA81 myself but in terms of sound quality nothing touches them. The only issue is it doesn't have a phono stage so you would need to add a separate pre amplifier into the system for the Project Primary E. I also have the Project in stock and you can get it for £99 when purchased with the Cambridge.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Morning Ryath.

Just drop me a little PM this morning when your ready to purchase and I can get you sorted :)

Thanks David/Kenny

What's the best price you can do then on the Panasonic blueray player and the CXA61.

Think I'll leave of the Turntable I'm stretching the budget as it and needing phono stage adds to it. It's more of a whim to try out Vinyl and I'll probably get a table with a built in phono stage to save space if I do. To be honest I probably be better spending the money on a CD player still have about 400 of them and no vinyl yet!

• Advertisement

Hi Ryath.

I couldn't offer any better on the 820 as they are like hens teeth at the minute, so the £299 / 355 Euro would be the best price on this.

The CXA61 also is already reduced to the £499 / 599 Euro as part of our VIP deals so again I could not offer any better on this. It should be £699 / 799 Euro.

Total would be £798 / 954 Euro. You are free to pay in whichever currency works out to be the cheapest for you.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Kenny

Sorry for delay getting back I'll just take the DP UB820. Need to mull over the amp for a bit. CXA61 is very tempting but it's a bigger than I was planning on fitting in.

Any luck on Denon remote?

I'll fire you a PM with details when I get near a PC later

Hi Ryath.

No problem on UB820 :)

No luck on a replacement remote I'm afraid.

I'll have another hunt as soon as I get a free moment.

Drop me over the PM and we'll get the 820 sorted for you as I'm down to my last one.

Hi guys, wondering if you have this offer on the Project Debut Carbon available for £99?

I ended up getting the CX61 and a pair Monitor Audio Bronze off you in store in December. Really happy with it is a great amp and dac.

I had a AT-LPW40 for a couple of weeks that my daughter is after confiscating so I need to be replace it. She is very happy Fyne Audios F300's I got of you to go with it to though!

Hoping I've spent enough in the last that you could honour the £500 spend. 😉

I do need a few other bits though, planning on getting the Ifi Zen Phono and wanted to enquire if you have any of the discounted Fyne audio centres left? Impressed with F300 and tempted to upgrade my front surround.

Hi Ryath,

Unfortunately we have none in stock! There are none left in the warehouse as they're discontinued so the offer is only available in stores which might have stock available. Unfortunately we are completely sold out and can't order more in.

It's been replaced by the Project Debut Carbon EVO which is in stock but is currently £499. I could drop one down to £449 for you though?

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

No worries knew it was a slim chance you'd have stock. Same story with Fyne centres I assume?

Evo is better value for me at €499 on the site. Could you give anything of the Ifi Phono with that?

I can get another AT-LPW40 for €275 so could ask you for a price match. I had been tempted by the Debut DC for a while at £300 but knew the Evo was probably worth the extra over it. Is the Evo really worth the extra over the audio technica? Cost to buy a Phono stage too is more than doubling the price.

Could just upgrade the stylus with the AT and buy a Phono down the line.

I'm half thinking of making the trip up to you tomorrow. Hearing them together would probably help me make up my mind.

Post edited by Ryath on

Thanks for getting back to me Ryath.

I could do an IFI Phono for 179 euro but I don't have a huge amount of movement on that one either! The Evo is definitely worth the upgrade over the Audio Technica. I own one of the older Project Carbons and for the tonearm and 2M Red cartridge alone it's well worth the money.

I also don't have them on display at the moment so wouldn't have them available for demo.

Where did you see the Audio Technica for 275 and I could look at the price for you?

Kind regards

David

Thanks David

Evo does seem to be worth the extra money alright though the VMN95 stylus does give a more affordable upgrade path and easier with the removable headshell. Getting upgradeittis though, prefer to buy once and cry once!

Is the Panasonic cash back offer available on the Technics SL1500C if I buy from you? It's listed on your UK site as £100 cash back and I can find it listed on one Irish site with €110 cash back.

I can get a Technics SL100C for €750 which is basically a SL1500C without the phono stage and with a VMN95C stylus. Don't think it's available to you though? If I can get the 1500C with cash back it brings it close on price and it suits me better at the moment as I'm tight for space where I want to set it up, could do without another plug, set of cables and phono box. 1500C Phono stage seems to be pretty decent for a built in one too.

Are the Dual 418 or ROKSAN ATTESSA worth considering? Bit more wife friendly like the Pro-Ject Evo than the Technics, though the more I read the more I'm leaning towards spending the extra on them for the direct drive.

Hi Ryath.

You can still claim the cash back via Panasonic by following the link on the .co.uk website and selecting the ROI as place of residence.

The Phono stage in the SL1500C is decent and performs very well. The 2M Red Cartridge that comes with the 1500C is also very good and we see lots of customers upgrading to this from the Audio Technica range instead.

The Technics would be the one to go for over the Dual and the Attessa. The Attessa looks the part but can be a bit of an ordeal to setup unfortunately.

The SL1500C are in stock in the Black finish with our main warehouse and delivery would be 4-5 working days.

Thanks 90% certain I'll order the SL1500 later. With cashback it's a great deal. I'll do little more research first though! Just a bit uncertain about the looks for the wife! Might still need to get the pretty Evo for the living room and save the Technics for my own space!

Are you aware of the Debut S and Debut Pro S and if you will have them soon? Debut S isn't even mentioned on Pro-jects own site yet. Can only find 2 sites with it listed.

So I went to order tonight and the price has gone up to €1085 from €979 can I still get at this price or get a price match please @ €995?

Hi Ryath.

Bit of a mare with the price increase but I'll beat the Cloneyaudio price by 10€ and offer one at 985€.

If you want to go for one drop me over your full name and address in a PM and I can get the order up on our system and give you a call to finalise things up.

Thanks Kenny. Pm sent

Cheers Ryath.

Arrived Monday thanks for the quick service. It sounds amazing. Think I might have to upgrade the speakers next!

Having issues claiming the cash back though. Turntable doesn't appear in product dropdown on Irish page or has you as a retailer. Can fill in everything fine on UK page but assume I can't claim on that without a UK address and bank account.

I contacted the email address on the the promo page and they said it's not running in Ireland. I sent them the NorthX page that lists it. The offer on UK sites does list £100/€110 so seems strange to list the Euro cashback price if not available.

• Advertisement

Hi Ryath,

That is a bit strange, I hope Technics are able to get back to you with a resolution on the cashback.

Do keep us posted though with what they get back to you with and I'm glad you're happy with the sound from the turntable!

Kind regards

David

Thanks David

They never got back to me today.

Found the terms and condition's document and it lists Ireland. Looks more like they forgot to update the Irish section of the claims site!

Hopefully they'll stand over it if they have it listed!

Do let me know what the resolution is though.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.