Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conversion MPV - Camper

Options
  • 10-11-2022 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭

Has anyone does this before?

If its an Irish reg passenger vehicle (not bus), no declaration to revenue is required.

Grand so, how do I get the logbook changed to a campervan. Vehilce meets revenue requirements

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

You need to apply to your local motor tax office with many of the same docs you would have sent to Revenue - SQI report, pics, Declaration of conversion etc. Some offices may want to see the vehicle

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

What type of MPV are you thinking of? Does this mean the end of the Bongo??

I did a bootjump type conversion on a Doblo (car not van). Car tax was only €290 so I saw no real need to convert. People were telling me I could have gotten it switched over to a camper on logbook and for tax purposes, but most likely not get insured after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭Alkers

It was a converted caravelle - basically a transporter which had been an mpv rather than a van.

Still have the bongo but we are considering moving up in the years and getting something with more creature comforts, although it will be at a lack of versatility.

Advertisement