Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping boxes of stuff to Australia in 2022

Options
  • 09-11-2022 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been looking at prices of shipping a box of personal effects to Australia and boy have prices changed.

I see in 2012 (yeah a decade ago, I know) I see it was recommended to go with anpost who were offering 20kg for €65

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2056604849/ship-20kg-parcels-to-australia

So I checked anpost today (and many others) and anpost have come in at €180 for 10kg. A roughly 6 times increase by kg in a decade!

Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives? I don't care how long it takes to arrive, but I don't need anywhere close to a shipping container. Maybe 2 or 3 10kg boxes.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kujaultima

I see parcel2go seems to be offering, via AnPost, 45cmX45cmX45cm and 20KG for €90.

https://www.parcel2go.com/ie/quotes?col=26&dest=1&cp=&dp=&mdd=0&mode=Default&p=1~20|45|45|45&quoteType=Default

It sounded too good to be true (are there more charges later?) so I had a chat with a help agent and they were a confused referring to "inpost" which seems to be a UK delivery partner. So I explained Ireland is not part of the UK. Then this person says they don't service Ireland to Australia.

I gave them the above link (for a third time).

Now they say oh okay yes we can do this.

But they then said (word for word) "we cannot predict surcharges applied to orders by the courier".

OK.. so they probably can't be trusted then.

Post edited by kujaultima on

Advertisement