Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road trip through Clare

Options
  • 07-11-2022 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Greetings guys.

I am planning a nice drive through Clare for a day in December and looking for some good recommendations.

From Limerick my planned route is:

Kilrush, Doonbeg, Miltown Malbay, Cliffs of Moher, Lisdoonvarna, Fanore, Ballyvaughan and onto Galway.

While the road trip will be great, I'm wondering what you guys might recommend on the way - nice sights, must-sees, overrated bits, hidden gems, lovely cafes etc.

Thanks ever so much in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Pity it's only a day trip.

The road from Lisdoonvarna to Ballyvaughan is spectacular on a clear day.

Bunratty, Ennis, Loop Head, Limerick-On-Sea, Miltown Malbay, Spanish Point, Lahinch, Fanore... All missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

Suggest you try to visit some inland sports like Carran , Kilfenora if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

You got a lot there the coast road between doolin and Fanore is spectacular rock on one side the sea on the other

The dolmen is worth a visit as is the Michael Cuscack center if its open

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If you have an hour to spare, park the car at black head and scramble up the side of the hill to the top. It's a spectacular view and if you're reasonably fit you should make it up easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

You'll be passing through Liscannor on that route, can recommend the fish and chips in Vaughans if you want some lunch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

The cliff walk at Kilkee. Also the drive along that road to Loop Head. Very underrated

Advertisement