Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winning Streak

Options
  • 05-11-2022 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

I know the programme was a bit naff but how has the national lottery got away with killing this staple of Saturday night tv viewing in Ireland.

Bridie and her blue rinse proudly sporting a lovely new frock for the occasion. PJ up in Dublin for the first time since Cavan played in an All Ireland final. The excited in-laws screaming their hearts out hoping their future inheritance was going to be boosted. The silky smooth Marty Whelan conducting the orchestra.

It struck me the other day as I saw someone buying a scratcher in the shop that there must have been five punters all lined up for their big night out with a chance of spinning the wheel in March 2020 who had their big night on the TV snatched away.

Its a pure scandal that it hasn't returned. There should be a tribunal in Dublin Castle!

Comments

Advertisement