Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Christmas Purchases

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The N and W stamp bundle arrived on Friday - they are a bit plain but still nice - and also grabbed a few extra cards in Easons; as I think the stock is quite depleted. Absolute sucker for any cards with an Irish postbox or a robin on them, and these had both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bought two little record players as novelty items for pressies. https://recordrunner.jp/

No idea what to get he eldest elf but at least got the other half partially sorted out at the weekend. The youngest elf would be happy with a balloon so that's a saving grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I remember we got a walker for one of the elves when they were around 2 and they spent more time playing with the box then the walker 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Just did an online order with Dunnes I needed some flower clips for my tree I hope they arrive by the weekend hoping to start decorating on Saturday

I added a hamper basket to my order too as I really want to be organised this year I always find in the last few days of Christmas week I am running somewhere for a gift but sure aren’t we all 😂 I can try… I remember last year carrying the bambino into a hair salon on my hip to get a gift and they had no bag to give me for the gift I’d to juggle it all back to the car

it was fun seeing my little one look at all the girls in the salon dressed as elves and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I got this from Next website and I love it! It's a phone holder by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I must point out that these scratch records up like nothing else on earth. Do not use on anything you want to play again!

The huge downward and rotational forces they put down on the groove to keep themselves on track are way beyond what even very high quality pressings can take

Fun on cheap charity shop pickups though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

It’s for reasons like this why I recently decided to buy a shopping trolley - especially after my last trip to Newry, struggling to carry bags of shopping between the train station & buses!

Finally purchased one a few weeks ago while in town & the joy of being able to do a food shop in Dunnes & not having to struggle with bags walking down to the bus stop 🛍

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I need this in my life.... off to Next website I go

@gidget I love a little shopping trip to Newry I had something similar to a trolley for a day trip to Newry with all the family a couple of years ago

I remember growing up a neighbour went every December she would always bring me back unusual Cadbury items you wouldn’t get down here

• Advertisement

I’m chuffed my Dunnes order arrived with Christmas bits for my tree and I added a really nice knit to my order for my Mam too it’s perfect, I am delighted

Just unboxed Christmas cups and side plates that I picked up last year reduced from the considered range il have my coffee from them in the morning

Got this today, I’m in love 😍 Dunnes, 20e, Anthony’s Wooden Crafts

Bought this last week also - it looks nice, but wish the baby Jesus lit up too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

An item on amazon.co.uk that is sold by [LOUGHC ENTERPRISES] and dispatched from Amazon... would there likely be a tax on that? I'm not sure how it works now!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I haven’t experienced any tax on anything from Amazon.co.uk so far. So I say you’re safe enough. Might depend on the value of the item.

I thought @Loughc had another side hustle there for a minute!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Open to correction here, but I think, if it is over €150, you will be changed import duty. If it's under €150 and the price goes up by approx. 1% when you select an Irish address, you are covered. The price rise is due to the difference in Irish and UK tax. I'm fairly sure most items dispatched from Amazon are OK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Got these Christmas mugs from Amazon, 4 mugs in the box. Be lovely for a Christmas Eve Hot Chocolate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

As long as it dispatched by Amazon the price at the checkout is final. If any further taxes are due (for items over the threshold) it will show you there before you finalise the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Hi guys

Any recommendations for some super fancy or unique Christmas crackers? Am looking to get either something really fancy or something really different this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I bought the crackers with musical 'instruments' in them in recent years - good bit of fun at the table. Looking for something different this year - wondering about buying 'empty' ones to fill myself but probably too much hassle....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Yeah this is what I don't want - extra hassle! I am going to ask some fancy friends 🤣 and if I get some recommendations I will let you know

Successful shopping trip this morning

2 gifts from the new Zara in Blanch collected, they have this gadget you scan with your order and your order is picked and spit out to you by the device so handy no waiting around for staff I was in and out 😀

chocolates from M&S for my Mams pharmacist, stocking filler from Guinness for OH, pjs from H&M for a pal of my little ones

just need to rewrite my list now and see what’s left

I would love a new little Christmas jumper from Penney’s for myself but I’m probably abit late

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I eventually got some nice ones in Arnotts - not very different but non-plastic and with what appears to be cardboard figures for children to play with

Big Christmas food shop done all the favourites in there King crisp, Doritos, Keoghs crisps, Manhattan peanuts, chilli nuts, tayto Mediterranean, Lindt chocolate, dairy box, black magic, anti pasti selection, cheese selection, crackers, party food selection prawns, springs rolls, sausage rolls, goatscheese tarts, from Dunnes stores 😋😋

Will need some more party food before the big day as we’ll probably have some this evening and dates were only till 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Them path finder lights are great. We have a good few of them in the garden. Granted, they only last a couple of years, but they are so cheap you don’t mind replacing them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Finally made it into The Kilkenny Shop this evening. Whoops! 😂

Bought this gold resin reindeer, reduced from €37 to a tenner.

Got his brother reduced from €27 to €7.

Got the below snowglobe reduced from €35 down to a tenner. When wound up it plays a Christmas tune. 😊

Also threw in a couple of boxes of Tipperary Crystal Christmas coasters which were down to €5. 🙂

Advertisement