Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC Deposit Accounts to BOI

Options
  • 02-11-2022 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Hi, Our KBC deposit accounts (individual & joint) are being transferred to BOI in the coming weeks. We’d like to be able to transfer funds in & out of the deposit accounts, ideally without having to open a BOI current account. Will this be possible? Via BOI app / online banking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭raxy

From another thread on here it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MercuryBoy

Is there an exact date for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

As yet, no. Got a letter from BOI this morning which mentioned early in 2023.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Transfer from BOI to another (non-BOI) account as & when needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Please see attached https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/kbc/customer-support/

KBC will transfer legal ownership of your account(s) to BOI on a date in early 2023.

In terms of transferring funds in and out of the savings account it's not necessary to have a current account with us but please see below for further information.

Deposit account – You can view your account(s) details any time online or on the BOI Mobile App with a 365 online profile. However, to have a 365 online profile, you must have a Bank of Ireland current account. As your KBC current account is not being transferred to Bank of Ireland, you would need to open a Bank of Ireland current account to get set up on 365 online. Visit here for a breakdown of our current account options, instructions on how to apply and download our handy step by step guides for moving banks, if this is what you wish to do.

The type and number of communications you should expect to receive from us will vary depending on the type of account(s) you currently hold with KBC. Please see below all communication BOI will send to customers before, during and after the transfer of your account(s):

1. Our first communication is our Data Privacy Notice and Terms of Business.
    2. Our second communication will outline terms and conditions and/or operational changes that may apply to your account(s) when they transfer to BOI. Please note: Additional cardholders attached to personal credit card accounts, will not receive this communication.
    3. Our third communication will explain any actions you may need to take to ensure your account(s) is ready to use upon the transfer of your account(s) to BOI.
    4. Our fourth and final communication will confirm the legal transfer date and service transfer date, and explain any actions you need to take once your account has transferred to BOI.

Thanks,

Declan

Hi Declan,

Thank you for your detailed response to my query. So to clarify, if I want to know the balance of my deposit accounts I’ll need to use the BOI app, but to use the BOI app I’ll need a current account. Is it possible to find out my account balance without incurring additional costs, perhaps over the phone?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my query.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

In person would seem to be the most straight forward for the deposit/withdrawal part of it. Do you have a current account with someone else? If so depositing is easy enough as you just use whatever bank app your current current account holder uses and do a bank transfer. Its the withdrawal that would appear to be a in person only option without a current account with BOI. Same for checking balance, which shouldn't change much and you can then check everytime you withdraw.

Yes Fishy1, you will be able to contact our colleagues on 0818 365 365 from ROI or +353 1 404 4000 if calling from abroad between 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri and we can help with this by giving you the balance when the deposit accounts have been moved to BOI.

The other option would be to call to a BOI branch with ID if you wish to check the balance.

You can only have access to deposit accounts online if you also hold a BOI current account with us on a Banking 365 profile.

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

Hi Declan

I used to have a BOI current a/c but closed it about 2 years ago. I have a 365 online profile and I can use the BOI app to view & transact on my remaining BOI deposit and savings a/cs.

I will have a KBC deposit & a regular saver a/c transferring across to BOI in 2023. Will these a/cs be added to my current 365 online profile ... and .... will I be able to make transfers out from these accounts via the BOI app just as I can do now with my current BOI deposit a/c & saver a/cs?

Many thanks

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. If you are moving accounts from Kbc to Bank of Ireland you would need to submit an application to open the account prior to moving. For information on how to submit an application please see the link attached.

Savings - Bank of Ireland

Once you receive the account number you can then add these for online viewing by logging into your account, select services and add account or policy.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

Thanks Jen - but your reply doesn't really answer my question. BOI will be taking over my KBC a/cs as part of the KBC exit. I wont be opening any a/c's with BOI.

thx

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us here. My apologies. You can certainly add the accounts once opened to your banking 365 profile. However depending on the type of account that is opened will determine whether you can transfer online or not. As this would be account specific we can advise more on this once the accounts have been opened in 2023.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement