Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puca

Options
  • 31-10-2022 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Anybody else find Puca to be a shambolic, extortionate, soulless and poorly organised pile of crap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Nope. We love it. But in life you get yourself reflected back to you alot of the time. If you don't like it the reason is probably in the mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

I think the fact that they have disabled comments on all of their social media pages is indication that I wasn't the only one.

They aren't to blame for the weather and it certainly isn't extortionate. Most things are free and the prices are OK for what you get. Maybe it's different in Athboy (wouldn't be surprised) but the Trim one is great.

This thread sums it up nicely. A self serving money making racket completely devoid of any atmosphere or soul.

When you have local politicians urging people not to leave events you know you're on the right track alright.

• Advertisement

The castle was open to the public yesterday so that discussion is not accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Fwiw two friends of mine attended for the first time and were hugely disappointed with how poorly organised it all was

I was talking to a couple of people I went with and they thought it was rubbish. I thought it was fine didn't realise it was heavily promoted.

I thought you said you loved it and that anyone who thought otherwise was merely projecting their own flaws?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

yes I agree, it was very underwhelming to be honest, the parade in Trim was nothing in comparison to the 1st one they had 3 years ago.

There was a fraction of the number of floats / performers this year, it lacked the same wow factor for me TBH.

The commercial area was a disaster... one stall with hot food & a very off-putting queue for it. (no fault of the trader, maybe the pitch fees were too high for other traders to set up shop ?)

Tickets for a previously non-ticketed free event cancelled from the night before gone in minutes from the webpage the next day.

Spreading it out over 2 towns was a great idea in theory, however it certainly diluted the event IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

The craft market was an absolute disaster, imagine if someone travelled to that any distance at all, about 6 stalls and a few food stands, i lasted about 5 minutes..

A marked improvement this year, it has to be said.

Advertisement