Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for HKC upgrade

Options
  • 30-10-2022 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, I have a HKC alarm system with 2 slimline keypads and 4 wired PIRs. The system was in the house when we purchased it so don't know the original installer. I am wondering would it be possible to just upgrade the keypads to get some remote functionality such as setting alarms and getting alerts. Or would anyone know a suitable installer in Mayo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Depends of the system itself, if its a 1070 or later then you can add a GSM/Wi-Fi to that for remote access providing software is updated.

If its an 6/10 or 8/12 then upgrading would be the better option IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paulh266

Thank you for your message. I got some great assistance from a well-known member here at the weekend regarding changing the user password and setting up the engineering password. I have a 1070 with version 3 software. There is a GSM-Q card in it so waiting for a new sim card for it. Would be interested in the app some in the future if can get the software updated locally, but for now, it will be great to get the messaging working.

Advertisement