Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrities who just love themselves

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Yes, Vogue Williams is the epitome of success, her achievements are a little difficult to pin down?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,455 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Celebrity can be very transitory as illustrated by this clip of Neil Diamond visiting his old neighbourhood in Brooklyn.

After an amazingly successful career, huge record sales and sold out concerts all over the world these guys he meets have no idea who he is.

He just chats to them and uses the clip in the final cut. Pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Hilarious seeing him pay $44 beelion for complete bag of sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

He still loves himself though. doesnt seem at all humble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

True. Bit petulant alright.

I'm sure he'll be okay with his millions.

Then again I don't know the lad. Could be a complete arse or sound out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Anyone and everyone in the NK Management stable.

i await the predictable reply from their bots, I mean supporters on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,745 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Buble was on Graham Norton a few times, he always seemed willing to take the piss out of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Roz Purcell is actually sound. I met her down at home last year she was doing something about staycations. I went in for a swim in tramore after work and in she comes and started chatting to me about touristy things to do. I knew I recognised her but couldn’t place her. She’s a lovely girl and she’d have been someone I didn’t like before that, purely based on this Instagram famous nonsense.

Vogue Williams though. I saw her in a pub in Dublin a few years ago in between McFadden and the new twat she’s with. Now she is a cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Another 'friends and family' of RTE Z-lister.

A self-promoting nobody outside of this wee island.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

She may have been sound but she still.loves herself. Why the need to put every single mundane aspect of her life up on social media, from waking up to using the toilet, and everything in between?

Some things in life are private and some traumas can only be healed in private. Anyone who tells the whole world what they are going through, usually whilst dressed in nothing but a bikini, is an attention seeker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Gay byrne when he was alive, talk about Smug, much like Gerry sniff sniff Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Alisha Lehmann, keep seeing her pointless/talentless tiktok videos on youtube. she thinks she is a model but she is bang average in my opinion, you could see any amount of women who look like her in your local town any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Guy is a pro from the tips of his fingers to the soles of his feet. For someone so hugely successful and talented he displays zero ego and I wish there were more of it around.

The abominable Sam Smith for example is totally unbearable by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I suppose it’s the one trait that celebrities have in abundance: They crave attention and the limelight. And the less successful and less talented ones, unfortunately have to inflict the general public with some utterly gick and contrived bile to stay in the limelight.

Ryan was far more smut than smug. Insufferable!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Padraig Harrington maybe? Maybe not.

He certainly talks and talks about his golf swing constantly and about how much time he practices. But maybe I am thinking about how rich he is and how pampered all those elite golfers are. So maybe a pass for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

i played in stackstown around the time he did in the late 80's,though i was a bit younger, honestly he's not like that at all, at least he wasn't anyway i wouldn't have a clue now, a little odd alright though which might give that impression

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

I hate how on these type of threads that if you mention a woman, you're branded a misogynist. It's plain as the nose on her face that Vogue Williams - selecting her because she's been discussed already on thread - is a complete narcissist, loves the sound of her own voice. Is she lacking in self confidence behind it all? Is there a desperate insecurity and need for attention? Quite possibly. Possibly not. As for the "she's not a celebrity...", well, a bunch of randomers on the internet who've never met her or each other are talking about her, so, I'd take it that she is a celebrity. Just famous for doing **** all.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

Now I'm sure he just could be a nice enough fella, but I always seem to get the urge to smack him in the face when I see him on TV

Brian O'Driscoll.

The 'Celebs who just love themselves' condition is very prominent on YouTube channels. Irish YouTubers are as affected as American YouTubers.

Notable Symptoms include having a YouTube channel with utter balloney content and having a JOIN as well as the SUBSCRIBE button. And that brings me to the 'Wannabe Celebs who just love themselves' . Irish YouTuber sets up a YouTube channel and has his Dad make videos about how great they are and the grave misfortune that befell his son. Likes and comments from, well, relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Im not sure what working hard means as it relates to Vogue Williams......... wearing out the footpath between Dublin nightclubs during her 20's in order to be seen in every "bash" every weekend?

Vogue is/was a model. She's a beautiful airhead (think I'm being needlessly derogatory, watch her appearance on Mastermind) and that's all she needed to get ahead in her chosen field. She's been cute enough to make a brand of herself and in a tiny pond like Ireland, that's enough to get books published and in RTE that's also enough to get programmes commissioned.

Other than that, I would agree she's successful. She's making a living from being Vogue Williams and I'm sure isn't too worried about inflation or the price of a tank of petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

There's a difference between high-profile professionals and celebrities.

I don't think the idea of a celebrity can exist without some self-love.

Someone mentioned Ronaldo. He's egotistical to no end, and sometimes his displays of pride can be a bit cringy, and of course he wants to be the centre of attention - when it's related to his profession. But he doesn't seem to seek out every possible opportunity to get in front of a camera etc.

I have very little time for these serial-celebs who are kinda famous for nothing of worth. They are on TV once, and then roll that stint into more appearances as a TV personality, popping up for celebrity-themed shows, and jump at every opportunity to stay in the limelight, without ever giving anything of worth back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,150 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Might be a bit of a stretch to class this actress as a celeb (does Fair City count), but this is particularly cringey.

What happened to men? If my wife had asked me to do a video like this, I'd have told her to GTF. But this guy looks delighted.

https://m.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/fair-citys-jenny-dixon-and-former-td-tom-neville-reveal-they-are-expecting-twins-42115271.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,150 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Reading the last couple of pages of this thread mentions 2 types of celebs.

One example is Neil Diamond, and another is the likes of Vogue Williams.

For me, only one of those qualifies in my definition of a 'celeb'. And I don't even like referring to Diamond as a celebrity. He's a singer, songwriter, performer, producer etc first and foremost. One of the great music stars, whether you are a fan of his output or not.

These non entities, you tube stars, insta huns, usually have no discernible talent. Of course many are very wealthy, as they found a niche in a modern world, but it doesn't make them stars imho, but they probably are to the current young generation. I know my own niece has went to the uk to listen to you tube ' stars ' give talks. Not even sing, just talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Great clip where Neil comes across as a really cool guy who I definitely wouldn't regard as a celebrity. To me the word celebrity is a synonym for tawdry.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

He is a professional golfer, what else would he be talking about? If he is rich it is because of the money he has earned from his talent for playing golf not hawking his private life.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He did a small bit of acting before he became a TD and is trying to do stand up comedy now.

Personally I'd say he only got into politics because his father was one.

Advertisement