Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparky needed for priority switch and nc6 form

Options
  • 28-10-2022 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for a sparky to fill out a nc6 form for a DIY solar job on my house and also to connect a priority switch for 2 showers wires are in place, based in Shannon thanks.

Post edited by 2011 on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JL spark

Not going to happen I’m afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 16,920 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

REC can not cert someone else's work. I'd imagine REC will insist on rewiring themself before issuing cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭puntypower

Is it possible for me to disconnect and leave everything in place and reci to test and reconnect everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,920 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

RECI takes ownership of the whole installation when issuing a certificate. I don't believe they are allowed cert someone else's work even if they wanted to. The only exception (I think) is if an employee has done first fix.

Might seem extreme but the regulations are there to help save lives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

There will probably be issues anyway if it's a DIY install

There always is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭puntypower

Ya that's fair enough, panels are all mounted and interconnected and wires ran back to the PV combiner box, inverter mounted, 10mm wire in place back to the consumer unit with a 2 pole disconnector. If there are issues fair enough they can be fixed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement