Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the worst TV show ever created?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,985 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Is that still going ? Actually 24 years wiki says but I think they had a few years off… Jesus… had a few funny moments but all a bit of a rehash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Got very repetitive around the 4th season I think

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Post Season 9 or so of The Simpsons.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭OrangeLavender

This is definitely a contender. I remember sitting down expecting it to be amazing because people were saying it would be the Irish That 70's Show or Friends.. 🤐

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

started in 1989

so 33 years. 732 episodes I’m reading…

Matt Groening I think is determined to keep making them.

a VERY significant cash cow for all involved… network, studio, animators, voice actors, producers…… probably thought best to keep an average product on the go, making millions…

groening himself is believed to be worth north of 500 million. Don’t forget Futurama was and is a majorly successful cash cow plus his other lesser known endeavours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Futurama was amazing. Some of the later episodes may not have been as good but it wasn't a cash cow. It also got a proper ending.

The Simpsons literally became what it was supposed to be parodying.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Reality TV shows are one thing I can not stand in the least. almost every single person on those shows acts and reads scripts which go completely against what reality is meant to be. Dance Moms stateside is one and the less I say about '100 first dates' the better.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Formosa

Any of the dreadful shows hosted by Gerry Ryan...Ryantown, Ryan Confidential...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I wouldn't count it as a show, per se, but it is a holy show, though.

I'll get me coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

There are many, but Talk About presented by Alan Hughes on RTE back in the 1990's was particularly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

I would have to agree here... At his best on Radio, Ryan was really good, but he could never get TV right. He just didn't look comfortable and confident on camera. I am sure that his several TV outings were negotiated contract aspects that allowed him to try it out, but despite the format formula used, it never worked. Even 'School around the corner' flopped and that should have been a mine of good material, if performed correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Some good Radio people should never be let near TV. Gerry Ryan was one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Wow. I remember watching some of that. Never heard about that person's death though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Some of the agricultural shows like ear to the ground and bbc countryfile these days are absolutely rubbish compared to what they could or used to be

but love island is the winner by some margin for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 55,082 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Surely Mr. Browns Boys?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Madeoface

Anything with Brendan O'Carroll in it, plus Leave it to Mrs o,Brien. My parents used to threaten us kids with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I’ve already mentioned Deal or no Deal but I’m gonna throw in Tipping Point too. Any “quiz” or game show where the participants are rewarded for no skill. I’ve actually seen an episode where they asked what the capital of France was ffs.

Bring back The Krypton Factor…a show where there was a good chance you’d be leaving with a broken limb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I'll give you a clue, you live there

• Advertisement

I agree, loved and still love Futurama but I think that got canned because of arguments and scheduling rows if my memory is correct.

the Simpsons has really put a slight tarnish on what it’s overall legacy was and is….know when enough is enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Any of those scripted 'reality' shows. Especially ones with the word 'Love' in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭pgj2015

London. 👵

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

A toss between Mrs Brown's Boys ..... or Big Brother ..... or Love Island ..... the fact they are beyond awful is one thing but their genuine popularity with some is far more scary ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭eggy81

Raw, pure mule and bachelors walk.

That **** chef in raw. What a prick.

katherine lynch wonder women. Ruined mohill

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

The Mrs Brown spinoff All Round to Mrs Brown's too ... not that it is really that different to Mrs Brown's Boys ... these 2 shows were the only TV shows I ever fell out with a friend over .... some people genuinely love Mrs Brown ... which is fine if they feel that way ... but expect everyone else to feel the same/watch it with them ... which is not fine !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

For me (and yes I know of Charlie birds terrible health difficulties but I have to be honest) the travel shows featuring Charlie especially the one following Tom Creans footsteps have to be up there, the shows became about the host where the ego was allowed to take over and the travel aspect was lost... What a waste

+that eegit Hector buck leppin around the place and gurning at the camera with his oul lookatmeimmightycraic stich in his travel offerings has to get an honourable mention for the same reasons, he has a new one out now... Again what a waste

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The Airport up in Knock. Google it. Treat yourself to a pointless TV series full of absolute utter scutter.

As awful as it is, I do like Mrs. Brown's Boys. I found the All Round show unwatchable though.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Anything to do with the Kardashians

Advertisement