Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Warfare 2

Options

Comments

Shipment could scratch that Nuketown itch I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

Anyone played the spec ops It’s meant to be much improved and actually good in this edition love a bit of Co op action

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its weird, it should be a mindless shooter, but with SBMM and awful maps its more stressful to play than ranked Apex

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hooefukly we will have Shoot the Ship back at some stage. Also a bit worrying the statement that Sledgehammer are rolling out the year two paid content for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Cheapest spot to pick this up for Xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Probably Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Am I the only one who is quite underwhelmed by the campaign ?

I found there was too much stealth element to the game compared to any of the others. Very much lacking the craziness of the first MW with the exception of two or three missions. The biggest disappointment for me was the amount of enemies that were in body armor needing nearly a full mag to put them down.

The daytime Amsterdam mission was just a waste, probably took less than 5 minutes to complete. There was so much opportunity to make this one of the best campaigns in the series but it turned out to be the weakest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I've now reached the point of SBMM where you don't do well in terms of kills but win 90% of games by being the only one playing the objective. It would be great if they didn't give the perks until you played the objective for a while or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

the fact that leveling up the guns is quicker in the objective games has made it luck of the draw if you win games,lads are just playing for kills and spamming decoy grenades in most lobbies im in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lot of these sweats in my lobbies 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've often won a game of hardpoint for the team by spending upwards of 3 minutes on the flag, with everyone else under 20. mad stuff.

I have found though, that by switching from killstreak to scorestreak, with the addition of hardline, you can get low level streaks - say UAV, Cruise Missile, SAE, with relative ease, as being first on the point gets you 400 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CptMonkey

So, would people recommend it or is the sbmm or what ever it’s called too much and does it ruin it ? In need of a new game and not sure wether to go for this

Yes I'm loving it. I'm not having any issues with SBMM. Getting plenty of kills and I very rarely have a k/d ratio under 1.

I'd have no problem recommending it tbh, SBMM is something the loud minority (as in, twitch streamers) make a heap of noise over, because they cant run around stomping lobbies with a full team.

Granted, occasionally you'll get a match where you get destroyed, but at the end of the day, the only way anyone improves at anything, is by going up against opponents of equal or slightly higher quality

The problem is, you have absolutely no idea if you're improving because the game pretty much forces everyone towards 1 k/d and 1 w/l.

You can see you're improving by topping the team rank. I'll often have a really good spell and then end up in an absolutely bitch of a game where I'm clearly in a higher league of opponent. If you put up a good fight, that'll be your new standard. If you're getting wiped game after game you'll see a clear lowering in skills and be back down where you should belong, skills wise.

It works very well for me and I clearly know where I've gone up a notch and will really enjoy trying to stay in the Premier league and not get relegated again. There's usually even a clear change in game tactics. Less people running around, more snipers, people camping, teams that are clearly in a chat group communicating with each other (I wonder if that is part of the algorithm, where it will favour grouping rndoms together).

Works well. Find it hard to see what people are complaining about tbh.

Different for each person I suppose. I got the game a week late and all of my initial games were against level 55 players, guess the matchmaking takes old CoDs into account. Fine, I can play against good players, but I've not had any chance to learn the maps yet. I just find it quite dull sweating every game out to go 20-20, there is no chill in my lobbies.

I don't neccesarily agree with how you're saying you can see improvement either tbh, its fairly muddled.

In terms of the actual game, its fine at best I'd say. The maps are some of the worst I've ever seen, and in my opinion designed to push the 1kd for all too. There are so many corners, entrances, viewpoints and headglitches in every building its not actually possible to have game awareness, its just a mess that leads to kill, death, kill, death etc.

You need to sneak to an area of medium to high traffic and hold that area rather than run and gun in this game. Also in team based games you really have to stick with your team and use them as a guide to what’s going on and where danger is even if not micced up. Totally runs against how I played old cods but coming to terms wit it after about 5 or 6 hours playing. I like it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

So, what time do those on Xbox think the Warzone download will lend and what size will it be? I'm not buying that this little 6.2gb pack that's there is all there is.

50-60gb will be my guess. Bet the servers are an absolute disaster tomorrow

I turned on the PC this morning and there was a 37gb update (i have the full game already installed), didnt have time to check the xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ChickenDish

Trying to play MW2 on a PS4 isnt much fun, seems anyone on a PS5 gets the drop on you. Screen freezes between matches so you cant change anything without leaving a lobby. Found even leveling up guns I cant seem to get recoil under control. Spent a lot of time spawning in front of the enemy. No interest in campaign, so hopefully warzone 2.0 will be playable.

Thought Vanguard wasnt great, but I'm back playing it and having more fun than playing MW2.

69gb on the Series S, with everything else already installed as well. Thankfully my 1Gb fibre in Spain took care of it in 25 mins :)

Game is a bit ass so far. They've made interacting with items so much harder in my opinion. Everything is harder to see, have to get super close to items to find out exactly what they are etc. Contracts are impossibly small.

Like the map from the little I've seen of it though.

My initial impressions arent great, and mainly because of how unstable it is, took us about 30 mins last night to actually get into a game of WZ last night, and even then the servers were all over the shop with lag spikes and rubberbanding. DMZ was interesting but again, 2 of us had crashes to desktop during the session. Social tab is completely busted, and the problems with the games UI are totally amplified now that I've had to spend so much more time than usual trying to navigate it.

General comments -

The map is very interesting, and I'd have to reserve final judgment once the server issues are sorted, as the lobby wasnt full, but in battle royale, it felt very dead. no action to be heard for miles around, and the loot is incredibly sparse. I died and lost the gulag and ended up spectating for ages as there simply wasnt any ground cash to be found for a buyback.

The backpack looting - I dont mind it, but it feels weird compared to pubg or tarkov. The tab key in those games pops you straight in and out of looing, here, theres a weird kind of stickiness to it, where you actually have to start moving away from whatever you're looting to close the menu. They'd be better off having a drag and drop system imo, but that would likely put console players at a disadvantage.

I think I'll leave it for a week or so before trying it again, to see if things settle down a bit. The game has a long future ahead of it, hopefully they can polish it up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

I'm a complete newbie to warzone and find it very frustrating as it takes so long to get a game going, then i'm dead in no time.

Any others want to join up for a game and show me the ropes? Drop me a pm.

I'm on xbox but its all cross gen now isn't it? so guess that's irrelevant ..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

MW2 I liked it since Beta (1st COD in a long time i actually enjoyed) TTK is low so suits me, gunplay is good, maps and modes are varied. The addition of Realism/hardcore this week has got a few buddies on cos they sucked at normal Core modes 😁 UI is shocking and aim assist is what it is for controllers, at least its fair in that if you a lil bitch on pc you can play an FPS with a controller 🤐 I find with most of the guns if I fire 1st im gonna win the fight and that was my main gripe with presvious COD was losing a shootout to some 360 no scoping **** when i shot 1st.

Warzone 2

Didnt like 1 as imo it looked and played like a PS2 game compared to PUBG at the time it was technically miles apart, MW2 is a lot better (1st win after 3 games 😎) Missions, map and gunplay all a lot better and the fact the circle moves so it doesnt become a sniping fest with whoever has the high ground winning. We were pinned by a sniper squad and the circle moved from behind them to behind us 😁 Oh how the turns were tabled then!

Finding both suprisingly good and worth playing.

Anyone find themselves firing at their teammates frequently when rushing a point in domination or hard point. It seems more difficult than in previous games to differentiate teammates from enemy’s. Also teammates having the same colour blue dot over them as the domination points causes you to miss enemy’s too. Hadn’t noticed this in 2019. Maybe it’s just me getting slow and jumpy.

Yes and I also mistake enemies for team mates which is worse.

I take back everything I said about SBMM. I'm now lucky if i can get more than a couple of kills in a game. Its turned so sweaty since the battle pass started. I keep playing one more game thinking any game now I'm going to be back down to the lower leagues and the game will be enjoyable again. But it's not happening. 2 days now of hard core pros dominating the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

tbh thats the penalty for playing well and it brings up simple point, players want to stomp and not be stomped on. So they want SBMM off and some sort of ranked play so they can avoid it and just play against players they can stomp.

I find it hilarious that people are complaing about not getting to stomp on players regulary and being stomped on after 5 decent matches.

• Advertisement

That's not true, not for me anyway. I don't consider stomping all over people as the only way to enjoy the game.

The issue for me right now is that the dynamics of the game have changed. Up until the battle pass started the game had a lot of creeping around. A lot of single figure kills and deaths across the whole team not just me. It was tactical, positional, cautious.

Now I'm dying as soon as I spawn. I can forget about creeping about, it's certain death to stand still. It's become a run and gun game and it's all about getting your shot in first, which of course I very rarely do.

My point about the SBMM is it should put me back where I belong. If it doesn't soon I honestly can't see myself ever playing the game again. I don't have a lot of time for gaming, I'm not going to spend that time on a game that is frustrating and not inctge least bit enjoyable. Especially when it was very enjoyable before and something has changed or broken to make it very unenoyable.

I don't care about stomping over people or topping the leaderboard. Just a balanced game where everyone is doing well. I also would have had a lot of close games, often down to the final kill as a decider. Now it's 200-0 and players dropping out half way through. It's really messed up right now.

Advertisement