Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving flat empty during winter months

Options
  • 27-10-2022 4:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I live in an urban area that has constant chimneys pumping out "smokeless" fires all evening.

Essentially , the neighbourhood smells like a chimney this time of year after nightfall.

I have trickle vents on all the window but the smell from outside air pollution seeps into the flat if I leave them open.

Worried about coming home to all the curtains and furniture stinking.

Is there any other potential risks to having the windows closed up for up those 2 months (Nov/Dec)?

Dampness is the other obvious worry. I have purchased about a dozen of those damp trap boxes in the hope to offset it somewhat.

I feel like its a toss up between a damp/mouldy flat or one that has lingering chimney smoke saturated into the furniture/curtains.

Thanks in advance lads.

Comments

Advertisement