Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Remotely.

Options
  • 24-10-2022 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone, I hope I'm on the right page. I was looking for some advice, I work on a switchboard with 4 other staff members for the HSE, we deal with all calls from the hospital we also have a paging system and also take calls from the public. The HSE are planning to move us to to a different building completely. I was wondering would it be possible to work remotely from our homes? Is this possible? Would it be very difficult to set up? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Iron Enthusiast

I'm not sure if this was resolved - what happened in the end?

I know a lot of companies are still doing fully remote or hybrid working, but not sure what the Government departments & civil service are doing now.

What you described should be technically possible so long as the call diverts are set up properly and it's all secure etc.. I know most switch boards I've spoken with recently are working from home. Hope it al worked out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Summertime12345

Thanks for that! No, we haven't broached the subject yet, we wanted to see could we get a feasibility study done first, it'll probably be down to cost at the end of the day. They'd probably have to provide us with secure laptops, and if they consider this too expensive, it won't happen. It's good to know that other Switchboard operators have been working from home.

Advertisement