Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telling

Options
  • 23-10-2022 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭

There is a reason there isn’t a thread on wins of the girls today.

Nobody cares, it’s a ridiculous spectacle.

RTE etc. can blow wind up it all they want, women boxing is a not something the Irish public are interested in.

Nobody is interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

I wouldn't say nobody is interested. The vast majority aren't. It's the same with the women's football wall to wall coverage of it lately. And the way they cover it "Manchester city now beating Tottenham 3-0" and never once mention it's womens football.... It's very contrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

It’s in ‘upcoming fights’ everything just seems to go in there

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not sure the exact point you want to tell us, albeit I do get what you mean.. is your post more telling us women’s amateur boxing is a nothing, boring, uninteresting, a waste, pointless?

I was reading posts online berating the fact that RTE weren’t showing the finals yesterday. Nonsense. Only hardcore boxing fans would watch. There is next to no market for it here, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

For what it's worth, nobody cares for amateur boxing outside of the Olympics anyway.

Advertisement