Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 13 Matchday Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

Oh yeah, I also took a -4 hit. Maddison and Sterling to Foden and Salah. Total points difference of -12 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Didn't check any scores until now. And see that Doherty coming on for 9 mins blocked Andreas 10 points, week ended as it started. Absoulte disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

My team all 2's bar Zaha 1 and Captain Erling 26. Scamacca to save me with a massive haul

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Newbie20

76 all out, delighted with that and am flying up the rankings the last couple of weeks from around 2.5 mil to 400k.

Had Andreas and Neco on the bench too but realistically never considered playing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

57 with cresswell to play . I should be happy but ward and Bailey on bench is frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭Cartman78

60 all out... Almiron and Tark clean sheet my main differentials.

25 points on the bench.

A glacial move up to 1.5m from 2.5m three weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Would you consider playing Andreas next GW, given he has 3 assists and a goal in the last 4 games? - 24 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

I feel for you. Sickener.

Foden looked a must and it was worth taking a punt that Salahs season had turned after a promising couple of games, plus nice fixtures. Wouldve picked Foden and Salah to outscore the other two but maybe thats what I am doing wrong this season.

I am in 30k which is my highest ever, after years of playing, but I still think my team is crap. I have regrets, like not keeping with Martinelli in my first team - got him out to accomodate Sahah (🤐), or going with a Ward and Iversen pairing. The 0.5 saving wasnt worth it - especially with the bounty of low to mid priced players returning decent points.

I would normally be in about 2M OR about now. It seems like decisions that would go against me other years, are going for me now. For instance, in GW3 TAA got 0 points (liv lost 2-1 to MUtd) and a load of managers ditched him. Following gameweek he scores 17 points. I decided to hold onto him. 🤫 while my nearest competitors had all ditched him. In fairness, I probably kept him as I had to resolve the keeper situation, which inself worked a wonder as it meant I got 6 points from my new keeper Raya instead of 1 from Ward. (Ditched Iversen)

Delighted to get on Kulusevski early but kept with him too long. Got a great GW1 score and didnt do much afterwards, due to changes in formation.Bad and good there. I fell for the pairing of James and Cucurella in back for Chelsea but that was another failure. Maybe, the learning point there is that if anyone mentions any two players to get into the same team, like my two blunders above, then ignore. Doubling up players from the same team is always a dodgy tactic, unless its doubling/tripling up on teams that are doing well - like triple city and double Arsenal (this years must have combination).

Maybe its the year thats in it? We have an off kilter season where the WC is in Nov/Dec. This means that chances of DWGs are massive, and while its bad now, after christmas the backlogs will mean more games will get postponed. Usually, those games would be scheduled around GWs 36 and 38. Also usually, the first reschedule of the year is not until November. This means there will possibly be more DWGs than ever, and this means more focus has to be spent on how those chips are used. It will probably be a big differential this year. A lot of high scoring managers have used at least one chip (excluding WC as that has to be used before WC). That could mean a big shakeup in leagues/scores when those managers use their chips in DWGs. And more DWGs means that there is an opportunity to use a chip per DWG, which previously would be unheard of.

The takeaway from that is if you have a lower score than you are expecting but still have your chips, then you are in a great place and can expect a boost in rankings at the business end of the campaign.

I’ll have to give it serious consideration alright. I’ve played him in one or two of the recent games but my front 7 now is

Saka KDB Almiron Martinelli

Mitrovic Haaland Kane

So I’m finding it hard to put him in for one of those who are all in good form too. Martinelli is probably the weakest link at the moment but home to Forest next week. But it’s hard to ignore Andreas at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭crushproof

I'd say Salah is the weakest link, I've never seen him play so badly. Either seems to be absolutely wrecked or not fitting into Klopps new tactics.

I still have him but need to figure out who to replace him with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking of taking a punt on Bruno for the last 3 GW before the WC myself. Allows my upgrade Toney/Mitro to Kane then

Is Toney/Mitro to Kane a good move? I get that Kane is returning in most games, but for his price is he/spurs creating enough chances? How many games have there been where you'd think he should have had 2/3 goals - Toney is hot/cold, but when hot is very hot, Mitrovic is consistent and a fraction of Kane's price. If you have Salah, then Salah to anyone, should get your 3rd striker to Kane, (assuming you don't have Jesus). I would have Kane over Jesus for sure.

On the comment on the weakest link, I don't have the stats in front of me, but I would hazard a guess that Martenilli hasn't actually returned all that well if you exclude the first 3 games of the season, where Arsenal played a dire Bournmouth, Leicester and Villa teams. There have been a lot of games where you'd think he'd do well but didn't - ala Southampton, Leeds, Fulham etc. Xhaka has probably done as returning and that says a lot.

Arsenal are sorta like Chelsea I feel, that despite playing well, there is not a stand out player that has returned and is a must have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

West Ham XI: Fabianski, Cresswell, Zouma, Kehrer, Johnson, Soucek, Rice, Downes, Benrahma, Scamacca, Bowen.

Subs: Areola, Randolph, Coufal, Ogbonna, Emerson, Lanzini, Coventry, Antonio, Fornals.

Bournemouth XI: Neto, Smith, Senesi, Mepham, Fredericks, Cook, Lerma, Tavernier, Billing, Christie, Solanke.

Subs: Travers, Stacey, Zemura, Stephens, Rothwell, Stanislas, Pearson, Moore, Anthony.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,443 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

67 with Cresswell and Scamacca playing here so a good chance to gain a few points

Hoping for a combined 8+ and would be delighted with anything above that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Looks like Solanke could be coming off. Typical of my GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

At least I don't have to watch the rest of this snorefest now. 🙃

Neto, Billing and Solanke owner checking in 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

You must be confident of a Bourne victory with three away at West Ham !

Ha yeah. Ward, Trippier, Nunes and Emerson on my bench. Didn't think Trippier would score much this weekend hence having him as a sub. Screwed now for next week.

• Advertisement

Klopp with Cresswell and Zomua showing us how it's done with the 23 points

• Registered Users Posts: 14,443 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Provisionally 10 (8 for Cresswell and 2 for Scamacca) - Will take that 👌🏻

Yes and a big thank you to @Shedite27 who took the time to answer my query in the general thread.

I really wanted Dawson and only went off Scamacca when I seen him playing deeper than Bowen v’s Liverpool.

I never hidden how much I love David Moyes as a manager and would always want one of his CB’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Zouma you're scum but thanks for the points. Up to 88k

Bowen confirmed he's off penalties so easy transfer out for him

ps, was 1.1m overall before that game and now 570k.

Only 36 points behind top 100k and 67 points behind top 10k.

Has to be one of the tightest seasons ever.

I’ve heard from a friend that not only are we competing with social media but also managers using ‘model predictors’ (can’t remember what he called them) so some people are literally doing nothing but following a computer prediction for their weekly transfers and Wildcards.

As Alan would say, that’s saaaaad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yep I think FPL review is one such site. I'll always say you can't beat the eye test. With a smattering of stats thrown in for good measure.

It’s Saka I have though not Salah 😁

Got rid of him weeks ago cos him there’s something gone badly wrong with him and Pool in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Finally checked my GW13 and it's extremely bad. A GW ranking of 9,982,640 million bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

just over double!

at 1.3M OR, basically 1.4M. Not exactly the worst thing in the world, but a few good GWs are needed to get back in track, and keeping on top of things during the WC for price rises etc.

Advertisement