Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenwood Kinsealy

Options
  • 22-10-2022 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Anyone looking at these? They just put their brochure live today at https://greenwood.ie/

We've been looking around Malahide for a house around this size and price for some time with little luck (ended up on the wrong side of a couple of bidding wars), obviously in Kinsealy you'd be a lot more car dependent but still a very short drive away from lots of great amenities.

We've viewed some of the other recent new estates further up Kinsealy lane which look to be similar quality houses for a higher price but what I really found off-putting was how densely populated they were with the houses on top of each other - this estate looks a lot more reasonably spaced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭herbalplants

I don't think Kinsealy is what it was years ago about 15 years ago. It is overbuilt now.

No advice really.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭feelings

Isn't that the same for any area? Look at the surrounding areas... could say the same... Malahide, Portmarnock etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭herbalplants

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭J_1980

I’d take these over Robswall houses any day which are selling around 900k for terraces 2nd hand. Both need a car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 larry 2

Re greenwood kinsealy

A friend of mine has been trying to buy one of these houses for the last three months. But is getting the runaround from the estate agent. Anyone else having this problem, Are they selling them at all?.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 spudrick

• Registered Users Posts: 5 larry 2

Needs to be sale agreed on own house before being considered!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

We live on Chapel Road

Can see Greenwood from where we are. Houses look like they will be nice and big.

Be prepared to have to drive everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 spudrick

The developers have applied to amend planning permission to switch the last phase from 4 bed detached houses to higher density 3 bed terraced houses. It's not a huge change as it's 4 extra houses but frankly it seems pretty deceitful to me that they're quietly doing this while selling a different plan for the estate to buyers of the current phases.

The case is here - it's been rejected by Fingal county council but is with An Bord Pleanala for appeal. Does anyone familiar with the planning process reckon this has a chance of succeeding?

• Advertisement
Advertisement