Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT no appointments

Options
  • 20-10-2022 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭

My car is due at end of November and turns out the next available date is 6 months off and no other suggested centres available that’s beyond the joke at this stage 😮

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭User1998

Theres already a dedicated post on this which answers your question multiple times over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Right well thanks for that but since the user interface is not that straight forward then it’s not easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It's a sticky at the top of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Have you tried getting a booking through their booking office on 01 4135992. Their booking web site is not very good for finding vacant slots at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Don’t ever book through the website, ring over the phone and if they can’t provide you a date within 30 days at your chosen centre then you get the test for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭sudocremegg

Mine is due in November but there's no appointments until March 2023. I booked it in September.

I've had similar problems the past few NCT's and it's not my problem there's no slots available in a timely manner. I have been stopped at checkpoints with expired NCT's and the guards don't give one ioata as long as you tell them the test is booked and you can prove it. They know the system is backlogged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭lucalux

I booked one on the 17th for the 19th October.

Keep refreshing the site, especially at 11pm/midnight when cancelled bookings are put back into the system.

Calling is a good shout also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Plus 1 on booking on the website at ‘magic time’ is around 11:30pm IIRC. It’s the only way I do it when I need a quick appointment.

Great to see the old boards camaraderie is still alive and well. OP (with nearly 1500 posts) asks a question that has a quick answer and rather than give it we say ‘don’t ask for help here. Go wade through a meandering 38 page thread that might have your answer and stop wasting our valuable time’

I’ll figure out one day why this forum went from organising car runs for charity and meet ups to being a Ghost Town…

Cui bono?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just make sure for the next NCT you know to book it a few months in advance. One of the NCTs for mine is next May, but knowing about the delays from everyone, this site, the news, I just applied for it this month for April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

My NCT is due a few days into January and when I went to book it just there and put in the details it said page not found! Maybe the backlog and amount of people trying to connect to the website is causing a crash/error. I'll call the Dublin number and book over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭User1998

Gets fairly frustrating when you want to read about cars and the forum is just full of people making new posts about nct bookings and new vrt rules when there are already dedicated sticky threads to ask the question

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Sticky threads?

There used to be search function,too. Not working anymore.

I can barely find my own posts...

It's a mess of a forum and the numbers don't lie - used to be a community ,although heavily moderated, now I don't know what it is but is dying.

New users shouldn't be blamed for asking a question in wrong place when the whole forum is all over the place.

It is like saying you can Google it instead because the info is already there - on the internet somewhere.

Just my view .

it takes two secs to see if a thread is worth your time. If it’s not, move on. I’m happy to spend a few minutes helping another user even if it has been answered before, if you’re not, that’s fine too. iI’m not saying that your reaction was wrong and that mine was right.

Help users with a bit of patience and kindness. Some will come back, some won’t, that’s life.

There, of course, will always be messers online. Like the person who has been registering new accounts and starting inane threads here about mechanics keeping his car etc. Report them and let the mods deal with them.

I think I’ll start a new thread and see if anyone is interested in collaborating on a new FAQ thread, resources etc thread like we used to have.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Baseball72

I used to like this site a lot but since the revamp it just has not been the same. It’s a pity because there is great insight and wisdom to be had here from the many contributors, I just don’t think the update has improved matters.

So many people, myself included, left for Facebook. Left that toxic site since too.

I remember giving up a good few years ago as there was a clique of t**** ruining every decent thread and mods doing nothing about it and then coming down on others like a ton of bricks for the slightest infraction, deleting threads for no good reason etc.

How do you get people out of the walled garden of Facebook? If I knew that, I’d be a rich man.

Cui bono?

Advertisement