Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards / summons

Options
  • 19-10-2022 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So the guards bought me home at the weekend because I was drunk 

I didn’t receive any charge sheets and I wasn’t arrested - just bought home 

what are the chances I’ll receive a summons to go to court for this ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The most you might get is a Fixed Charge Notice (fine) in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bbccmmss

I am already on a suspended sentence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Were there any conditions attached to the suspeded sentence that you may have breached?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Being drunk in public?

Sorry to break it to you OP, but the inevitable outcome involves a sweeping brush handle and you doing your impression of Fran from Love Hate in Mountjoy. Too late now to repent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

It’s AH so I’ll bite

Given you already have a suspended sentence, chances are you have knowledge of the workings of the criminal justice system than most of us here.

I say it’s time to pack the Vaseline

• Advertisement

Basically just to stay out of trouble - if they only bought me home though I am assuming I wasn’t doing anything too bad to be arrested for - and sort of hoping it might go no further

Basically just to stay out of trouble - if they only bought me home though I am assuming I wasn’t doing anything too bad to be arrested for - and sort of hoping it might go no further

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Elmo didn't get his charge sheet either!

Ok so I just bit the bullet and rang the station to see if they had registered anything against me and the officer on the phone said they haven't 

He also said the team working on Sunday wouldn't be back until Saturday 

But I'm assuming they would have needed to have logged it straight away on the same day if there was going to be anything further coming from this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

better to slip away quietly at this stage. don't dhraw any more attention to yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

If they brought you home and you didn't spend a night or even a few hours in the cells you've likely nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Best bet go in to the station and make a statement

Joking usually best to forget things with gardai and not be reminding them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

I don't drink anymore myself but during the 90's a few times I was brought home for my own safety.

Back then anyhow if you were more of a danger to yourself than anyone else, they would usually just make sure you're ok.

Obviously you weren't disorderly, so they probably did you a favor. I had a habit of lying on the street and curling up and going to sleep until a corner. I loved hardship, wouldn't mind but I was never homeless. Just a drunk who wasn't agressive. Pitiful and an idiot when I took drink, more of a lover than a fighter.

I wouldn't worry about it, seriously.

Wishing you good luck with your future guy .

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Or at least one of those bottles of liquid soap with the hook on the bottom so that you can hook it onto the shower knob. Can't be having it falling on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

it is good that you ARE worried. ... will stop you doing it again... They were kind. Looked after you. Take heed!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Looks like you had a luck break. But more serious the Garda are not in the habit of running a taxi service. If they felt they need to run you home you were obviously doing a lot more than the average punter, so you need to out of your way to make sure you don’t come to there attention again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

at least when he/they brought you home OP; that was one or two less guards not hassling innocent civilians over something relatively trivial what happened over a year ago, eg walking past some old #rich codger's car, that he claimed was keyed - absent any proof

recent thread on it in legal forum

#most likely was rich

being drunk aint a crime, so they should have just been doing their duty, imo, in bringing you home - twud be a fecked up situation if ya got a charge out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

But more serious the Garda are not in the habit of running a taxi service.

Mate of mine, many years ago, tried hailing a Garda car. A mixture of drunkenness and myopia, he confused the Garda sign on top for a taxi sign. He happened to be standing at a traffic lights, and they happened to be red, so when the car stopped in front of him, he assumed his magic Joe Maxi hand worked and he hopped in the back and directed him to his gaff. He was quite confused as to why they were telling him to get the fúck out despite him waving a 20 quid note at them, insisting he was good for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

He did not live in Raheny by any chance? A former work colleague of over 40 years ago did that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bigmac3

You’ll be in prison getting the first 3 letters of your username in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

the guards brought me home on more than one occasion after the night club when I’d no lift home (I’m talking 20 odd years ago,living in the sticks)…not sure if they still carry out this public service??worth a call to the barracks to see…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

8 to 10 years for you . That’s the lasted Supreme Court recommendation. And damn right IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m not in Dublin but know of a couple of lads brought home by the Gardaī , one a brother , In rural Monaghan . That was 25 years ago and doubt they’d be allowed to now given they could fall , choke etc. don’t worry about a summons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm sure they get BBC and maybe even ITV on the telly in there. 😉

Advertisement