Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fastned looking for Irish hub sites

Options
  • 19-10-2022 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭

From facebook

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,886 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This would be great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Fastned like the forecourt layout, which needs a bit more space. So I think they'd have more success with service stations, but they're off doing their own thing

It'd be great if they partnered with Aldi or Super Valu or another supermarket who already has a nationwide network of locations with parking. But I'm not sure that'll suit Fastned

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

If the Govt are serious about EVs then they should be sending a big chief over to Fastnet and making it clear that Ireland is VERY open for business....

Need seriously professional operators in the Irish market.

Ecars isn't really up for the job....

Need another player to compete with Easygo and/or push Easygo along to better things

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Fastned's Netherlands business was built on the back of a competitive bidding process for concessions at state service stations. We've got 6 of them, 3 Applegreen, and 3 operated by CircleK.

The government has so far been very clear on providing diddly squat when it comes to incentivising the operation of charging networks as a public service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭zg3409

Two sites "planned" in NI for 2023 ish...

• Advertisement

I see they're using the unionists map of Ireland 😂

At this rate NI is going to have a better network than ROI soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭zg3409

Permission has been granted in Banbridge

https://www.plugshare.com/location/577285

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭65535

It's the pricing competition I'm looking forward to - soon it'll be €1 a kWh from a street charger if not already.

Ionity have lowered prices, I think Tesla did as well. That's gotta put some pressure on the other networks

Tbh, if 70c per kWh is what it takes to run a decent network then so be it. I'd rather that than it falling into disrepair like Ecars did for a long time

There's enough deals out there to lower the price for frequent users

• Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Banbridge quickly becoming the high speed charger capital of Northern Ireland — 4 x at BP Pulse on the Newry Road, 12 x here at the Fastned station, and 4 x more BP Pulse ones coming at the M&S food hall in the same Boulevard shopping place.

The Boulevard will be a great place to stop off on the Dublin to Belfast journey (or the Dublin to Derry journey)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dsandson

Indeed, the Fastned site with their canopy is great, it will be really visible from the dual carriageway.

Also the press release said they'd be 300kW chargers. The planning application said HYC400 chargers. These are the Alpitronics new models with 100kW power modules. Since the older models with 75kW power modules seem to be no longer for sale then I assume Fastned will install the HYC400 with 3 power modules and leave the last one for a later power upgrade.

Advertisement