Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information about Ballivor

Options
  • 15-10-2022 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

• I'd like to know if someone can share any experiences and thoughts about moving from Dublin to Ballivor (is it a safe place to live? how are the creche and primary school there? where do you usually go for medical assistance?). We intent to make a bid in a property there.

My husband works in Dunboyne and we are expecting a baby for the end of the year, it would be our first home as a family in Ireland.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Full of Scientologists

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Living there over 10 years

Yes it is a safe place to live, there are the usual groups of teenagers wandering around in the evenings but the most part they are not malicious.

No issues walking to the shops/pubs/takeaways late in the evenings/night

There is a large creche that has a preschool and afterschools service in the same building. It gets glowing reviews, kids love going there and its a great way to get to know others in the community. They also have an outdoor preschool programme that is brilliant

There is a second preschool in the village

There is a large National School. Its a fairly modern building with great facilities. Recently became a Deis school which means more funding along with free lunches for the children.

Large playground that is looked after by the council

There is no GP service so you are looking at Trim, Athboy/Kinnegad for that. They are all busy so you would need to make your own enquiries there. But the pharmacist is very very helpful for minor ailements and treatments.

Overall Ballivor is fine, it can be quiet at times and feels a bit away from everything but its only 15minutes from Trim if you want walks/restaurants etc. There are number of other walks/areas within 15/20 minutes drive as well.

If you can get talking with neighbours or get involved in the community its easy to make friends and feel a part of things.

*poster above comments on scientologists - there is a centre for treatment that was completed by scientologists(or a group backed by them)

It was appealed but the planing seems to have been upheld.

The Centre has not opened yet *

If you have any other questions drop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Did you end up moving there?? I live nearby. It’s a nice village, little bit rough around the edges maybe compared to Athboy or Kildalkey. Trim Is the jewel but very expensive. Did you try Kildalkey? Just always feel there’s a huge difference between the two villages even though there next door to each other.

Advertisement