Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Beautiful Women in the World Thread - Has Boards.ie decided it's for men only?

Options
  • 15-10-2022 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

The thread for the Most Beautiful Women in the World was in After Hours up until about a year or so back. Then it disappeared. Let me say I normally use Boards without logging into my account. So I had assumed it was closed down/deleted.

It was only recently when I logged into my account that I noticed the thread was still very much active. But it was moved to The Gentlemens Club forum. So someone at Boards decided that this thread should be moved to a forum that describes itself as "A forum for civil discussion of Men's Topics".

Are the decision makers at Boards.ie really that narrow-minded/backwards thinking that you decided a thread about beautiful women was only suitable for men? Why was it moved there? Myself, and I presume plenty of other women were followers of the Beautiful Women thread when it was in After Hours. So why have we been excluded from it? And before anyone says we arent excluded from it, it has been moved to a section that's for "mens topics".

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,953 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Previous to the AH thread it spent considerably longer in The Gentleman's Club. Since 2017 in fact, nothing stopping you posting in there, or viewing there if you don't usually choose to log in.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Feedback

Specific issues like this are dealt with in Help Desk

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lauras Law

This completely ignores the issue l'm bringing up, which is, why have the decision makers at Boards decided that a thread about beautiful women is for men only? It was moved from After Hours to a forum that's described as being for "mens topics". And just to correct you, the original 2017 thread (as well as the follow up one) was actually created in After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,953 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

You aren't correcting anything, I didn't say it was created in The Gentleman's Club, I said it spent considerably more time there.

There is no issue. It's not men only, I've no idea of the sex of the posters there. In much the same way anyone can pop to the shops and despite its title, buy Men's Health Magazine, regardless of sex.

This particular thread has been moved for weeks (months maybe?).

I've no idea what sex you are, and no interest in knowing, but you can post in that forum, you can read that forum. If it were a closed/gatekept forum you may have had a point. It isn't, you don't.

All the best.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The "decision makers" were probably local mods.

Have you approached any of them via PM to discuss this?

There was a thread some time ago, in either this forum or Feedback, which discussed that thread and an equivalent one was created in respect of men. It's not a thread that is going to be easy to locate, but for all I know it could have been moved as a consequence of that thread (and I don't think it was a thread I was particularly engaged in).

OP, I suspect there will be nothing we can locate which provides any further insight into this, half a decade or so on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lauras Law

It didn't spend more time in The Gentlemens Club. It was created in After Hours in Sept 2017 and was only moved to TGC in Feb 2021. The thread spent considerably more time in After Hours.

The No I didnt PM any mods about it. I thought it was more appropriate to ask the question in the Feedback forum. But I've just gone back through the Most Beautiful women in the World thread and found who moved it from AH to TGC, @Pawwed Rig . Maybe they'll be able to offer some clarification here. Because my main issue has still not been addressed. Which is, why did someone decide that a thread about beautiful women is for men only? Why was it moved from After Hours (where men and women both contributed to it) to a forum that is described as being for "mens topics"?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I recall it being moved out of AHs as the AHs mods didn't think that the forum was the best place for it. It was moved to tGC as there was already a thread there dealing with the exact same topic. I thought the threads were merged but that may or may not have happened.

There is no prohibition to men posting in the ladies lounge or women posting in the Gentlemans Club.

Your point is probably fair enough but I cannot think of a forum that is more suitable. Maybe CVPL should have been considered at the time but I don't recall if anyone suggested that forum. It was some time ago so I don't recall the exact details but the AH mods didn't want it so it needed a new home.

Advertisement