Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help with deferal and college fees

Options
  • 14-10-2022 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm a second year student at AIT and I was just sent an email that I was granted a deferral. I already paid the 3000 registration fees out of my own account a couple weeks ago. This was a mistake on my part because I am in receipt of a SUSI grant which pays the full 3000 student contribution fee, I was supposed to click on ''pay later'' instead of paying myself in order to wait for SUSI to give the money to the college. Because of this I have been trying to get the money back for the past 2 weeks by calling SUSI and my college student finance office. The student finance office were extremely unhelpful in this matter so I decided to defer my course, the fact that I urgently need the 3000 euros to be returned being one of the reasons.

I emailed the finance office an hour ago telling them of my deferral and asking for my payment, but the email account was locked shortly after. I called the college and they said that when a student defers the account gets locked. This makes no sense to me. I then called the finance office and they said that they ''process the payments next week'' and that the payment will be made next week. I asked them to send confirmation of this in writing to my personal email account, but they refused. The only confirmation of my deferral and the dates by which and conditions under which I can organize my return to college are written in the email in the account that is locked.

I am worried that they might not give me the money. When I was looking for the repayment before I decided to defer they kept telling me that it would be at the end of the month. If I am not mistaken, they should be able to do repayments and transfers at any time, right?

If somebody could help me or give me advice that would be good. I called the bank about it a couple of weeks ago and was left on hold for >half an hour and decided to hang up.

Advertisement