Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shockingly Fussy Kitten

Options
  • 13-10-2022 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking for advice. Our kitten is about 3 months old and I've never come across as fussy a fellow as this. When we received him, we were told he was on Purina Perle food (adult) and he ate a bit of the pouches that came with him. Since then he won't eat that. I've tried him with a few different brands from Maxi Zoo:

Real Nature Wilderness - he was eating the meatiest one they do. Now he won't touch it. I tried him with a salmon flavour, he won't go near it. We had been told by the breeder, and it seems true, that he won't eat chicken

Premiere - I bought him some different flavours of this, he won't eat it

Felix - Out of desperation, I tried him with this, he won't eat it

Royal Canin Kitten - Thinking he'd eat the wilderness brand he had been eating, I got one of these and the fecker ate it (I've ordered some as the local pet store doesn't supply it)

He goes absolutely NUTS if anyone is eating human food. Any suggestions on what to have him eat until the above gets here? I've tried him with multiple brands of kibble and that's an issue too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

He goes absolutely NUTS if anyone is eating human food

Probably too late but human food might be the answer, tuna, chicken etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Try a brand of wet food that's mainly actual meat. Does he have preferred textures? Our guy is the fussiest cat I've ever met. He ate Applaws* and then we moved him on to Canagans. He has refused basically every other brand of wet food, and opposite to your cat, only likes fish-based flavours.

If there's a pet stop near you, I'd recommend trying

• Canagans
    • James Wellbeloved
    • Macs

If you want to try ordering from Zooplus, Lily's Kitchen is often popular.

But also, welcome to the world of cats - they're notorious for being fussy and abruptly going off food as soon as you've bought a case!

*Edit to add: Applaws is a complementary food and doesn't include added vitamins and minerals to make it complete, so only serve it if you kitten is also eating high quality complete dry food.

Post edited by Faith on

Advertisement