Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House of the Dragon vs The Rings of Power

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Troyaferd

Rings of Power has some nice shoots yes, but they are mostly ruined by the bad editing and fast cuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Homelander

Rings of Power is watchable but there isn't a single worthwhile metric by which it beats House of the Dragon - acting, script, characters, plot, are all vastly superior in HOD.

ROP has some lovely visuals, but they can't make a show, and they don't. Again, watchable, but considering what it should have been, it's very disappointing.

HOD, meanwhile, I expected nothing given the disgracefully bad final season of GOT, but it's very solid - up there with maybe the fifth and sixth season of GOT, though falls short of the incredible S1-4.

Agree it's up there with Seasons 5 and 6, it's hard to beat Seasons 1-3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

I don't enjoy HOTD at all, I really couldn't care less about any of the characters. If it wasn't a GOT spin off it would be canceled already.

ROP is better. Visually it's stunning and while it's slow moving and let down by poor dialogue at times, overall it's a good show. I think it would judged in a different light if it wasn't so expensive and based on much better source material. But as a stand alone TV show I think its decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

RoP wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I found the first half of it fairly enjoyable, then it starts to fall apart a bit, but overall the lore butchering is an unforgivable crime.

HotD was superb and was better than RoP on every level.

I didn't like the last episode of HOTD, i see no way how they would let Otto go back to kings landing? The dragon fight was ridiculous too and also I don't get why Rhaenyra didn't search for allies before her father died.

Advertisement