Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EV Charging Supply & Installation Business

• 11-10-2022 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hoping to get some advice on this.

I'm currently in the process of setting up a EV charger supply and install business. I have a website, bank accounts and suppliers all set up. I've worked with a number of ev charging and solar businesses in the past from a marketing stand point in helping them generate lead (which was very successful) so I'm all good on the business end of things.

I'm looking to hire a qualified electrician so they can carry out the installs as obviously I can't do this myself.

The one thing that I'm very unsure about is around the Safe Electric registration and QC numbers. If I employee an electrician can he carry out the installs under his own QC number or would I have to register him under the business and get a QC number (Which I believe can take some time).

Any advice on the process would be amazing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Mod's I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this. Please delete if you think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

You'd probably be better off looking for an electrician to go into partnership with. They're sought after skilled tradesmen who can command a serious wage in any job they go into or as a sole trader themselves at the moment, particularly those with experience in solar and renewables etc. Finding a good one willing to operate as an employee for you (and not feck off at the next better offer) would be very challenging I would say.

Advertisement