Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Tralee Town 1983 you tube

• 08-10-2022 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5 Blackpool murphy

Has anyone seen this fascinating film ? It's a great look back before the regeneration that took place to improve the quality of housing and facilities in the town. The first 5 minutes are definitely not from 1983 but more like 1950's . What was the name of the street in those opening minutes ? The people living there looked proper characters.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Ciarrai76

Is it this one? Tralee Town 1983 - YouTube

I think that might have been the Rock street area at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭ Thinkingaboutit

This (which cannot be embedded, so this is a link) might be it. Potato quality tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭ phormium

The first part with the little white cottages are I think those ones just at the back entrance of big Dunnes in Rock St, roughly opposite Connolly Park/Horans veg shop. They were restored in recent years.

There is a second part to that video I think, I saw it some years ago and though there was another one as well from same era, I watched it several times, convinced my mother is in it coming out of Dunnes down town!

The quality is not great, I wonder does someone have the original old cinefilm as they can be restored to improve quality, not cheap mind you but I got some done several years ago and it improved them an awful lot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Ciarrai76

Is that the Presentation secondary school being built in that video? I was driving past it yesterday and wondered when it was built and whether its overcrowded now?

Advertisement