Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 - Alarm Siren goes off endlessly when new battery is inserted?

Options
  • 08-10-2022 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I know this alarm is obsolete but it worked fine up to last year when I was getting the low battery error. At the time, rather than buy a new battery, I just disconnected the old one and removed the main fuse and the alarm just faded down to a whimper until it stopped. It's been off/disabled now for almost a year. Thankfully no break-ins!

I went to insert a new (charged) battery today and put back the main fuse but the alarm sounded immediately. At first, I assumed all I needed to do was put my code in but that didn't work and the alarm just kept on ringing. I had no choice in the end but the remove the battery and fuse again. Am I missing some important step here?

Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Has the system defaulted meaning your code does not turn it off?

1122 is the default user code and 1278 is default engineer code off that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jellybean520

Hi Again,

Strange, I could have sworn there was another response/answer on here, telling me to ensure I had put the cover back on before disarming the alarm with my code. I hadn't done that the first time around, so I was hoping that was the answer.

In any case, I tried installing this battery again today and made sure I had screwed the cover back on this time and it still won't turn the siren off even though the LCD tells me "Code Accepted". It does also give the error message "Bell Tamper" and then I think it displays "Arm Menu", but all the while, the alarm is ringing at full volume.

Given that I couldn't turn off the siren, I removed the battery again and disabled the system.

If anyone has any other ideas about how I might get this battery installed and things working, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have one of those alarms. As well as the battery in the 'control box' I belive there is another one in the siren box/system itself. This is what you heard powering the siren when you disconnected the mains and removed the old battery from the control box.

I would guess the issue you have now is the battery in the siren unit is dead and this is causing your issue. As for a remedy...I dont know! If you are minded to perhaps open the siren box and have a looksee.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jellybean520

Hmmm, the siren box is up very high, above the second floor window so I'd need a ladder for that which I don't have....only a step ladder.

Sounds like I'll need to get the alarm crew out on a call out if I'm to get this operational again. I was hoping to avoid that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

It is telling you there is an issue with the bell tamper, so I would advise getting an installer to look at it for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement