Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre switching issue - Vodafone/Sky NBI

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭BobMc

Just trying to do a switch myself today, from Digiweb to Sky, but im not NBI rather Open Eir, lady on chat telling me UAN was not valid so its still about as a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 18 richardob50

I was told of same issue last week. Pity, it seems that the deals of late for all providers don't apply to NBI customers. We seem to be on a two track system now between prices available via openeir vs NBI infrastructure

I'm not on NBI though which is weird, im open eir IFN, can actually get both at my address again a bit unusual

Tried calling Sky this morning, asked me for this CRN no. , i'm not calling digiweb back to get it, called Pure, all done on phone in less that 5 mins, 500mb with anytime call e35 p/m for 12 months, happy with that, Sky missing a big trick here , Pure rep said they can create that 888CRN number on the system there end and sky should be able to do same

• Registered Users Posts: 26 carlos

Does this also affect switches from Siro connections? I'm with Vodafone and looking to move to Sky, my UAN and CRN both start with SIVF so will that run into the same issue?

Was previously with Sky before switching to VF two years ago.

• Advertisement

No clue, i just dont have the time to be dealing with this nonsense, seems Sky are prepared to loose the business, I didnt even have the CRN

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jjames.mmurphy

Same issue again, 1st connection was with Sky. Contact is up, moved to EIR as it was a better offer, when i called Sky to cancel they then gave me a better deal, originally offering me 10e off the BB, when i cancelled, they could give it to me for the new price of 35e instead of the 60e !!! However, the line had ported to EIR, so now Sky cant move me back... so im stuck on a 44e for 24 months contact now, unless VF can switch me

• Registered Users Posts: 18 richardob50

Ah balls, I hope they sort soon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Hi,

I'm the same situation re NBI and Sky.

Have been with Eir for two years with NBI FTTH.

Tried to join Sky for better deal , sales agent said no problem took UAN etc, but then it transpires we can't get Sky because we are with NBI.

Are Sky the only provider out there and will not transfer a NBI Fibre connection ?

How much is having NBI restricting us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Peshy101

Hello. I know this is an old thread but FYI, the issue is still the same even in 2024

NBI finally rolled out to my area and Eir got to me first to sign up. They said I should just sign up, get the cables laid, etc and then I could also cancel within 14 days. So anyway, long story short, broadband was installed today. Called Eir to cancel my contract and called Sky to join them. Sky said they can’t do it. They said if I had had the initial installation done via them from the beginning, it would have been fine. But they can’t technically switch from any other NBI provider. They said it’s been an issue for a long time so they aren’t holding their breath for a resolution anytime soon.

Very annoying as Sky are by far the cheaper provider and they have the best TV deal. I’ve signed up to Vodafone TV Play instead. Eir were way more expensive and tie you into a 2 year contract.

• Advertisement
Advertisement