Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like to give smokers a hard time?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

No, I like to let people get on with their libes as long as it doesn't affect me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I don't give out to smokers but I hate being in confined spaces with them, like public transport and lifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Schnooks

You sound like a person who has an air of authority about you OP? Are you used to giving orders to people, or children perhaps, in your professional life? You must be if you think you are entitled to give anyone a hard time about their personal habits or weaknesses?

Look after your own corner and mind your own business. As long as they are not blowing it in your face, then no-one is obliged to listen to your pontificating. I know where I would tell you to go if you started tut tutting at me, a stranger to you, about something you disapprove of. I don't smoke, not that it makes any difference to my general point.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭I Blame Sheeple

Honestly, it sounds like you could do with a smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm an ex smoker and like many reformed smokers I just can't stand being near smoke and being in the company of smokers. Nowadays it's very easy to avoid and not a big issue as years ago.

That being said if you're in a place like a hotel garden and it's a designated outdoor smoking area then I think you'd have some nerve to pull people up on smoking,

It's like going to a restaurant and telling people not to eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You stick this album on the turntable and ask for a drag 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 37 captain dildano

No, why would I? I smoked a long time ago and it would be hypocritical. Funny how you don't realise how much your clothes stink of tobacco until you stop smoking and smell it on a smoker. I do hate vaping though. I don't like waiting for a bus and having a huge cloud of vape that someone's exhaled blowing into my face or onto my clothes. I don't say anything though, I'm Irish so I just passively aggressively give them an annoyed look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I'm a smoker but dont worry I will never smoke beside you !

I tend to mix with people I like and who are not rude.

Advertisement