Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

North Korea fires missile over Japan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Denny61

Will you stop..nothing to worry about ..usual tantrums.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

These last few years are certainly an interesting time to be alive 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

It travelled 4000km and over Japan. Surely gives Japan the justification to respond with strikes to take out NK silos and arms factories

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

the missile flew to an altitude of 1,000km

i don't know but I'd say thats well outside of their airspace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

It’s not as if fat boy Kim could do with feeding his citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

you'd miss the NK missile tests all the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Evergreen_7

You must be joking. Biggest threat to the entire world that lad. I’d assume it’s a response to the Ukraine doing better than Kim thought they would, him being a Russian allie and all.

basically waving his dick around going “look what I can do boys”

both dangerous and idiotic. What a combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

They're like a cup of sweet tea. Great for the nerves 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 20,452 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There have always been interesting times in relations between Japan and Korea. People in Ireland would have been blissfully unaware in the past about the troubles that went on. Until the curse or the blessing of modern communications, which can make some people worry about stuff they wouldn't have known about before.

In general there were much more interesting times in the past, if interesting is measured in war, famine and pestilence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

I think the next few will be more 'interesting'.

My faith in humanity doing the right thing for our future is fading rapidly as each global crisis (environmental, economic, humanitarian) only proves that when the excrement collides with the rotating air circulation device, we will revert to fighting all our own particular corners behind imaginary lines drawn on a map, when a whole world coordinated approach is the only hope. Environmental disaster, famine, human displacement, can not be contained by imaginary map lines, but some of the lunatics in power in key parts of the world, haven't realised that yet. It seems crazy that in the 21st century as we look to put people on Mars, we still have despots, crackpots and incompetents running the show and pushing their own short term gain agendas.

We will destroy ourselves rather than work together to ensure peace and ultimate survival for our planet and race.

There's human nature for you. You won't have seen any better version in the past, and it is not going to change in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

theres always been crazy in this world, its just slowly heading towards 11 at the moment

Better times to be alive now than much of the past. If you think that getting to the age of 80 is an improvement over being gone by the age of 30. Of course you have to be born in the affluent West, to have the best chances in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

yes elements of modern life are far better than our ancestors, the only difference now is that we re stupid enough to be able to wipe the whole lot of us out relatively easily....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Lad's a total nutter. All it takes is for one of those missiles to malfunction hit a Japanese city/town and all bets are off.

In which case the cosmos will just blink, and our million year experiment in developing human intelligence will be forgotten in the billions of years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

There is plenty having a giggle about it sure, I even poke fun at ol King Jin whats'it myself, but, if someone fires a missile over Ireland what we say about that? An element of seriousness needs to be taken about what North Korea is doing. If Russia was to set off a test device of some kind soon North Korea would start doing the same [not trying to hide the test that is] and then so too would others, it's a nasty precedent for the world.

Dan.

Russians should be more worried than Irish people. They share a border with North Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭supermans ghost

Send Mick Wallace & Clare Daly over to intercept the next one they launch. win, win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

NK have done this numerous times in the past. This missile went over Japan at an altitude of about 1,000km - that's more than twice the altitude of the International Space Station - so the whole thing of the Japanese urging people to "look out for falling debris" is a bit of an over-reaction . While is does represent NK's longest missile flight, the most immediate danger would be it awaking Godzilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,828 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

We all know who the biggest threat to the entire world is and it's certainly not him.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Rocketman was certainly an appropriate name for that loon.

Still living in the 1950s with his ICBM craze.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Evergreen_7

“We all know”

I don’t. Who?

he’s without doubt one of the biggest threats to the entire world. He’s unhinged, dangerous, has no regard for international law or human rights and has a rake of nuclear weapons at his disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

He's far from the biggest threat to the entire world. Their nuclear arms are so hefty that they would need a space shuttle to lift it off the land. All they're good for is earth moving and they go broke with every missile test like today. Only thing keeping them on the face of the earth is their viciity to and friendship with China, which isn't what it used to be either.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I wonder what would be the threshold where Japan would actually respond militarily ?

It's that dilemma of deterrence.

Don't want to cause something bigger, but don't want to give NK the green light to keep doing this sort of thing. If I was a Japanese resident, I'd imagine I'd be pretty concerned. If somebody is aiming missiles in your general direction, things can easily go wrong.

Post edited by keeponhurling on

Best not to upset the status quo. We don't want millions of Korean refugees arriving in Ireland. When despotic regimes are forced out, this is the modern outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Missing the point completely. They have demonstrated that they can hit anywhere inside the range of yesterdays missile with a nuclear weapon. Wake Island is within the range. Any carrier fleet is also in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

USS Ronald Reagan is in the area too as it’s on training exercises with Japanese and South Korea navy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,514 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That Kim Jong un lad must be an attention whore. Only thing is he does not have all the media around laughing at his every stupid action like Trump did.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement