Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

office power is just cycling when plug in anything

Options
  • 03-10-2022 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

have an home office which is on the circuit board

i have a armored cable going down to the office ( overground) which is then connected into the plug sockets, just 4 plug sockets

i have a POE network extender plugged into the same network, transmitter beside the virgin hub, receiver is then plugged in the office and acts as wifi extender

no issues for a number of years

last week, wifi extender works, but if i plug in anything ( laptop psu 45 watt) it knocks the wifi hub off and it resets

plug in an extra monitor , same thing power just cycles, screen starts for a 5 secs, then off, then goes on, then off

if i plug in something to the USB port of the plug socket (so very low power, led light, cctv camera), theres no issue along with wifi extender

the main fuse board has never tripped

the armored cable is connected via two ip55 junction boxes( cable run was too short)

could it be water in the box thats cause the issue or anyone have any guidance?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Plug a load in at the end and see where you're losing power

Probably a job for a rec though

Advertisement