Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Deactivate a HKC wireless alarm

Options
  • 01-10-2022 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi everyone just wondering if someone can help me

I have a HKC witless alarm and I need to deactivate so I can replace my windows and doors, my alarm company let me down so I need to do this myself,

so is there a way for me to deactivate the alarm so I won’t set off the alarm once I remove the sensors on the doors and windows?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

HKC witless alarm

I'm presuming that your alarm is more wireless than witless!

You should be able to remove the sensor and then when the alarm sounds (due to sensor failure), just enter your alarm code to shut it up.

If you have the engineer code (which sounds unlikely) you can avoid the sensor failures

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

If you are determined, work away, but if you gate second thoughts, any and every alarm company out there can work with HKC equipment so you are not as such tied to your existing supplier.

As soon as you take a lid off a wireless / wired device ( assuming the wired ones were fitted by a responsible installer ), then either your keypad will beep or your internal siren will activate. As the previous poster mentioned, it is just a matter of entering in your user code and that will shut it up.

As regards refitting those devices to your replacement windows etc, I would advice you to get a professional involved there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭10-10-20

As far as I recall, if you set-off the tamper on a device (that is if the device is opened) then an engineer code is unfortunately required to reset the panel.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Not when I moved some of mine when we replaced a few windows and doors last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Thanks everyone

temper is the best option as all new windows will be fitted and doors so the system more or less has to be refitted once the new doors and windows are fitted, stupid alarm guy just didn’t show after I booked him in

I

Post edited by Nicetrustedcup on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

So update system is now fully disconnected and yes it will be a proper person to fit the system as windows are coming 9am and this was the only option I have, Got a last minute slot for fitting and we know trades men you take it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

No, certainly not any longer.

That used to be an option an installer could program while programming a system.

Advertisement