Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 Open Championship - Royal Liverpool

Options
  • 30-09-2022 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Entered the Ballot / Applied for 3 Thursday Tickets for this at the start of the summer. Received notification this week that i was unsuccessful. A bit surprised and annoyed. Am planning a short break with that being the centrepiece.

There are practice days available of which i have no interest. Anyone have the same experience or tips on where to get tickets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭REFLINE1

Also got the rejection email, I know of at least ten others who applied and haven't heard of anyone being successful. Was much easier for Portrush.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭REFLINE1

"If there are any tickets still available after the ticket ballot has been completed, they will be offered for sale to members of The One Club.

The Open’s official Ticket Resale Platform, where fans can safely buy and sell any unwanted tickets from each other at face value prices, will be launched early next year."

https://www.theopen.com/ticket-ballot

• Registered Users Posts: 3 iwouldyeah

I got 2 adults and child for the sunday in the ballot.I must be very lucky two lads in work entered and got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭benny79

Ive heard nothing but my mate got 2 so happy days but we went that last time it was in Liverpool 5 years ago so maybe thats why he got them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Have never been to a major yet, but I believe the practice days are great to go to as you can generally get a lot closer in and see plenty of interesting stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Beaulieu

Got the rejection email too (2nd year in a row!) - had applied for Friday tickets. Was at the practise day in St Andrews this year - wouldn't recommend it as you have no idea who is where in the course as the players dip in & out of holes or might play 1,2 17 & 18 etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 iwouldyeah

any tips on going there.il liking to go in a camper van so accommodation won't be a issue.Im really looking forward to it.Never been to a major.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Got tickets for the Thursday myself. Anyone know how to get tickets for the Wednesday? Don't think they were in the ballot but i could be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

I saw Rory win in Royal Liverpool in 2014 and all you did was walk up and pay your money and in you go. Presuming it's demand that has gone up or is it a health and safety thing where they have to limit numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

They introduced the ballot for the 150th open at St. Andrews. Never had an issue with Thursday/Friday tickets before this. Hopefully they'll be be plenty available on the resale, lots of event junkies apply for tickets as soon as they here the word "ballot". If tickets went on general sale as normal they wouldn't bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭benny79

I stayed in City as 1, for the night life and 2, because its on the outskirts the prices aren't mad. Than jump on train to course left us right outside. Brilliant set up and great atmosphere/buzz around the city after. Accommodation is cheap I wouldn't even bother with a camper even if I had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Got an adult + child ticket for the Saturday, same for last year in St Andrew. I stayed in the campsite on-site in St Andrews and will likely do the same agin this year in Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

For the unsuccessful applicants, don't despair. Happened to me this year for St. Andrews but I got them in the official ticket reseller website. They'll alert all unsuccessful applicants ahead of time before the resale window opens. It can be quite stressful getting tickets on the resale site - I had them in my shopping cart on numerous occasions only for them to be gone by checkout. Just had to persist for an hour or so.

By the way, I was also unsuccessful this year - I'll be going down the resale website route again.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Any idea when the resale site kicks off?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

It was March for St Andrew's.

Advertisement