Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is the fecken match thread? Ulster v Leinster match thread

• 29-09-2022 11:45pm

If Leinster lose, Ulster will have been more up for it, home advantage and probably the ref.

If Ulster lose, well sure we'll have the Ulster team thread next week for those thoughts.

Suspect on account of getting the excuses in early that Ulster will come out on top, have looked very impressive so far this season and a good bit ahead of Leinster in terms of match fitness, cohesion and application of game plan.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,822 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Leinster by a gazillion.

Old sexy to run down and snare young sexy in the dying moments.

Ulster fans to blame ref.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

And liz truss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Definitely think Ulster have looked better in the backs than Leinster this season so far. Weather is due to be quite wet from what I hear, which, in theory, would scupper some of the back line moves that Ulster could be planning to run. I think the packs are closer than most seem to think, with the only very obvious advantages on paper being Leinster's back row vs Ulster's and I think Leinster's bench is a lot stronger. I'd expect this will be pretty close, but I think Ulster will win by less than a score.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

It's miserable up here, which definitely suits Leinster more.

I think we'll lose this one, give how heavy Leinster have gone. We often have to do without Hendo, and Marshall is playing very well in Hume's absence. But the bench is the issue for Ulster. No Doak, no Izzy, no Stewart, no McIlroy, no S. Moore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Is it my imagination or have there been a good few cards in the last few interpros (not just Ulster-Leinster). Odds on a red or a very contentious yellow during this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Similar or possibly worse weather in last years fixture didn’t seem to hamper Ulster too much. It was more Leinster who failed to deal with the conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Deramore

Brightened up now and supposed to be dry for the match. Ball will be slippy though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Kelleher has pulled out of the squad and is replaced by John McKee. Pretty sizeable blow for Leinster. The latter is a decent prospect, but Kelleher is a test quality hooker. Leinster and Irelands best when fully fit.

Interesting debate for me between Kelleher and Sheehan if both are at their best.

Big night now for McKee, especially being from Belfast.

• Advertisement

Winning a scrum against the head.

Love seeing it.

Lovely offload from Ringrose to create that try.

Great power and pace from Baird to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Beautiful hands there across the line

Ross Byrnes passing has been much much better so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭bingobango12

Great hands from Ringrose for that try

How on earth has Conan obstructed anyone there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,785 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Blatant offsides being ignored and then that penalty…ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Have they no transition graphics for replays? Bizarre.

That's an excellent, excellent maul.

Leinster look very powerful in the right exchanges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭OldRio

The director and camera work of the coverage is very poor.

Error from Byrne there, but it's off the back off an awful pass from McGrath. He's thrown a few high, loopy ones already tonight.

• Advertisement

The RTE commentators are some pain in the hole.

The wide angle camera really doesn't capture how bad the rain is. The close ups show how awful conditions are.

It's on BBC2 as well but they just lost their comms!

Has the commentary for this game gone out? Only hearing the crowd on RTE and Premier Sport coverage.

Gone across the board if seems.

No harm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Shyte conditions

Turnover Ulster 6 looked good to me, maybe not on the ball long enough but losing balance was from the clear out.

Leinsters set piece has been dominant this evening. It's always great to have, but when conditions are as bad as they are, it's worth even more.

• Advertisement

McGrath is having a other poor game. Slow, loopy passes and now a run into no man's land followed by a hospital pass.

Advertisement