Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help understand old SW slip

Options
  • 29-09-2022 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm helping someone clear up the affairs of a deceased family member - trying to figure out what income/pensions etc he would have been on over the years. We have found a number of old slips there are some that have the following deduction "PRV Manual". Would anyone know what this is for? I know he was renting a room in digs for a long time and spent most of his life on Social Welfare. Some of the slips go back to 2017.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

How much was the total payment? how much was the deduction? If it’s a PO payment slip it will say on the slip which payment he was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 S3nDL0v3

Entitlements read "Basic SWA - 319", Deductions "MEANS 238.30, PRV Manual 72.50". Thought if we could get a handle on finances we could figure out how he afforded his lifestyle and maybe find something to use for his funeral costs and debts. My friend Google hasn't been able to help. Other slips showed he got rent allowance even though he lived rent free with relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cloudings

SWA is supplementary Welfare Allowance paid by the Community Welfare Officer (CWO) Looks like this was a top up payment of 72.50 paid by Manual cheque. If the payment continued it would have been sent weekly to the post office and the receipt would read EIT where is reads manual.

Rent allowance would only be paid after an application was made which provided a tenancy agreement and other documents from landlord.

Might be worth contacting the CWO as both types of payment listed are paid by them.

Advertisement