Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agents and poor spelling

Options
  • 27-09-2022 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭

Every now and again I take a look on daft and "see what's out there". I have noticed quite that they mis-spell the name of even the actual place incorrectly ALOT.

Call me a stickler, but with Google Maps, Eircode finder and a plethora of 2-second checks being available to consult, it strikes me that they cut corners alot.

Examples: Danesfort in Kilkenny as "Danesford" and "Danesforts" in 2 separate ads. I died a little inside to be honest.

Maybe i'm unlucky and have just seen rare examples but i doubt it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭IamMe33

'ALOT' of irony here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭dennyk

What would an Alot of irony look like, I wonder? 🤔

The people posting these ads are no doubt busy and can't be arsed to proofread. Hard to blame them when you could post an ad for a house in Qwertyuiop with a description of "Lorem ipsum..." and people would still be bidding fifty over asking within a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

We saw a house online that had the floor plans of a completely different house - 3 bed single front instead of the 4 bed double front that it is. Went to an open viewing for it and they had lovely glossy brochures for the house, with the same incorrect plans. I pointed it out to the EA and he had never noticed. Ad is still up with wrong plans.

I'm not sure they're too bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I saw an ad for house share along my road - the interior photos were actually of the house next door (which had recently been sold).

Laziness pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

It is lazy and they don't care. They could post an ad on Daft telling every pleb looking for a rental to anally impale themselves on a sweeping brush before viewing and you would see a line of three legged people with exasperated expressions on their faces, trundling up the road, with references from their job and last 10 landlords in their sweaty paws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I’m fairly certain we got a relative bargain on the house we bought because the estate agent listed it incorrectly

So thank god for them and their mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

They don't care. They know people will still bit through their eyeballs to get it.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Advertisement