Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you love about this time of year. For me it's not having to shower as much :)

Options
  • 27-09-2022 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Yes I love the feeling of being clean too but it's also great when you have a day where you don't sweat at all and so don't need to shower :).

In the Summer you need at least a shower a day sometimes even two but now you can get away with out a shower for a week so it's great :)

What do you like about this time of year?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hopefully, smelly feckers that don’t shower stay indoors more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

The crisp breeze, remember folks, it's much easier heat up than cool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Beatty69

Don't know if this is just a wind up or not but just here for the comments.

OP don't know if you're male or female but either way, believe me, you have to shower once a day regardless of the weather!

Males at a push might get away with 2 days but neither will get away with a week!

Now I will confess that I enjoy not shaving all the bits in the winter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Showers I find aside from the hygiene aspect are really refreshing, great way to wake up and if you’ve had a busy day, a nice way to relax in the evening.

got one of these a while with a back on it… bliss

what I like about this time of year is that the weather is still decent, the football / sports season is back in full swing, so loads to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Showers I find aside from the hygiene aspect are really refreshing, great way to wake up and if you’ve had a busy day, a nice way to relax in the evening.

got one of these a while with a back on it…

Oh that's nice.

Your right a morning shower is lovely.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tamara25

Lovely image there 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Doe Tiden

I do enjoy p*ssing in the bushes when it’s dusk, this time of year is made for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Baybay

After Hours or not: what I love is my birthday. Not the getting older but the still being here to get f%#@ing older

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

In my world it’s sweater weather… Although I’ve managed to finish 1 hand knitted jumper, being a sock knitter I start getting a bit giddy about the prospect of actually finishing one of the other 4 or so on the needles, and then quickly realise that’s not going to happen as I’ve just started a new pair of socks…

A day without sweating? Sounds like a day wasted to me!

Things to love about this of year? Loads to be honest. Lots of food to eat that is either out of season or just does not fit the hotter summer weather. More sex too overall I think due to the lack of oppressive hot days. And it's so colorful at this time of year with the promise of the passing and renewal of life for the coming summer.

Downside is less hours of light and many of the things I enjoy doing require light. Learning to fire guns and rifles with my 12 year old daughter is already at a time when light is short. So have to find time earlier in the day for that. And I am also into archery and horse riding and running. So I miss the longer brighter hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭sporina

tis fab hiking weather these days... colours are much more vibrant.. (pics are fab)...mweather not as hot - and the season so far has been mostly dry so happy hikes..

Autumn is wonderful - the colours, the lack of stifling heat but it's not quite cold yet either (some crisp days, some very sunny days), the leaves under your feet, and misty mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

"Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness".... A more restful season. Preparing gently for.... relative hibernation. ( being in the late autumn of my life..) Gathering blackberries and making jam... Winkling out heaters ... Checking food stocks in case of storms ahead.. Oh and KNITTING always. Mittens and socks. LOVE it all...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭sporina

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭ThePentagon

"What do you like about this time of year?"

I like the crisp, darker evenings. Particularly when the weather cools and you can smell smoke in the air as people start lighting their fires again. Nice weather for going for a walk.

Also, several of my favourite authors usually publish around September/October so there tends to be good new books to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

The rain (1): very little chance of being stopped in the street to shoot the breeze

The Rain (2) : The sound of the rain on the windies provides good noise bufferage inside to drown out the noise between houses/apts; also, the sound of the rain blocks out the sound of the water going down the drain outside, from the sink/s / bath/shower etc, so for us reclusive types, it hides the fact we're inside should anyone come round to annoy us

Central heating: Very dear the price of oil, but the slight 'hum' off the rads - when they're on - also helps with the sound bufferage between properties

The evenings getting darker: less chance of being seen when venturing outside in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

New stuff on TV after all the repeats of the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Yes and it's great for the plants. Gives a nice growth spurt in early Autumn.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

Yeah there are some vegetables that benefit from that too. Which is always fun to tell people you are inviting over and cooking for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Life ain't always empty.

I see the shower nazis are back as usual, but would be interested to hear the rationale for this:

Males at a push might get away with 2 days

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

Listening to lots of Autechre. Autechre is a definite Autumn/Wintertime listening experience.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

This is my fav time of year. I love that the weather is more consistent with my wardrobe. Autumn/winter guarantees a coat or jacket. I like wearing boots, so it's good weather for that. Unlike summer where what you wear during the day may not be good in the evening. But Autumn/winter and I know what I wear in the morning is most likely fine at any other time of the day.

I love dressing up for the cooler weather. I like deciding on the right coat and optional hat or scarf. I love watching people in tracksuits freeze their asses off or people getting their feet wet because they didn't check the weather on their app 😜

The trees are turning a beautiful colour this time of year. I like the longer nights. I'm quite sensitive to light and don't have black-out curtains at my current place. So, the sun not coming up at 5 AM is nice. I sleep better and dream more.

I like enjoying the feeling of being out at night in the dark but it's actually still early enough like 20:00. Or in middle of winter, shopping in town at it's dark out but all the shops are still open.

By the end of winter, I'll be sick of it and I'll be romanticizing summer evenings again. But until then, I'll enjoy it.

Although I'm long finished college, I always get the "back to college" feeling this time of year when I'm out walking. Maybe it's the smell of the air bringing me back.

Don't like to be rude Hotblack, just think that males don't get the smell down below as quickly as females, I could be wrong. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

ya can see someone ya know in street (if it's lashing rain) and all's ya got to say is : "Jayzis, it's a hardy wan" ; and then continue along on yo merry way

a nightowl can go to bed at 5/6/7 in morning, and it's still dark out 😂

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement