Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Budget 2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Burti16

HTB seems to remain in place for another year.So, disappointed as a first time buyer. This is artificially increasing price of houses and transferring wealth to the builders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,065 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Where are all the GPs to provide this 'free' scheme? Even longer waiting times foreseen

More than 430,000 people will become eligible for the first time for the GP Visit scheme once changes to income limits are enacted after the Budget. The moves means ~2.5 million people, or half the country, will have access to a free GP visit card or medical card and is part of the plan to introduce universal health care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭angela1711

My husband is on invalidity pension does anyone know if he is going to get the double IP pension payment as well as the 500 once of payment for people with disabilities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The lump sum for the carer's is linked to the carer's grant.

But I wonder is the 500 per household, per carer, or per carer's grant payment?

The last would be a colossal mistake so I presume not. I'd guess they'd cap it to one per household where there might be multiple carer grant payments?

• Advertisement

It is per Carer Support Grant payment. So if you are caring for two people and get two CSG, then two lump sums

I am not sure if you were replying to me dsmythy but I am not talking about the carers grant. There were three cohorts of social welfare recipients entitled to the once of payment of 500, carers, recipients of working family payment and people on disability payments. From my understanding thoese three groups would get the 500 payments plus a double payments of their normal weekly benefit and I found an article on Irish Times (i think) that seems to confirm my understanding.

So looks like anyone in receipt of any type of social welfare payment will get a double payment and those in receipt of carers benefit, working family payments and disiablity payments are also going to get a once of 500 on top of it.

Sorry forgot to attach the link

and it was the examiner not the times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Cost of living supports

October 2022

People getting a weekly social welfare payment will get a once-off payment of an extra week also called a ‘double week’ (minimum payment €20) as a cost-of-living support.

November 2022

Social welfare weekly payments

The maximum rate of all weekly social welfare payments will increase by €12 with proportional increases for qualified adults and people on reduced rates of payment (January 2023).

People aged 25 and under who are getting a reduced rate of Jobseeker’s Allowancewill get the full €12 increase (January 2023).

The weekly rate for a qualified child will increase by €2 from €40 to €42 for children under 12 years of age. It will increase by €2 from €48 to €50 for children aged 12 years and over (January 2023).

Christmas Bonus

Christmas Bonus of 100% will be paid in early December 2022 to people getting a long-term social welfare payment (minimum payment €20).

Child Benefit

A once-off double Child Benefit payment will be paid (November 2022). This means you will get an extra €140 per child in November.

Fuel Allowance

People getting Fuel Allowance will get a once-off payment of €400 (November 2022).

The Fuel Allowance income threshold will increase from €120 to €200 above the applicable State Pension (Contributory) rate. For people aged over 70, it will increase to €500 for a single person and €1,000 for a couple (January 2023). 

Disablement Benefit and half-rate Carer’s Allowance will be disregarded in the means test for Fuel Allowance (January 2023).

Living Alone Increase

People getting Living Alone Increase will get a once-off payment of €200 (November 2022).

If you get Fuel Allowance and Living Alone Increase, you will get both once-off payments.

Payments to families

People getting the Working Family Payment will get a once-off payment of €500 (November 2022).

The Working Family Payment income limits will increase by €40 across all family sizes (January 2023).

Disability and illness payments

People getting Disability AllowanceInvalidity Pension or Blind Pension will get a once-off payment of €500 (November 2022).

People getting Disability Allowance and Blind Pension will be able to earn up to €165 from work without affecting their payment. This is an increase of €25 on the previous threshold of €140 (January 2023). 

Carers

Carers who qualify for the Carer’s Support Grant will get a once-off payment of €500 (November 2022).

Domiciliary Care Allowance (DCA) will increase by €20.50 from €309.50 to €330 (January 2023). DCA will be available for babies who remain in an acute hospital after birth for a period of 6 months (January 2023).

Dates when extra lump sums available disclosed

week of 17/10 it is understood the Autumn double payment will kick in

week of 01/11 double child benefit payment will be paid

week of 14/11 fuel allowance sum of €400, a €200 living alone allowance, a €500 cost of living payment.. etc https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/1011/1328382-social-protection-payments/

Post edited by zell12 on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just asking on behalf of my mam, will she get a double carer's allowance next week? and then the grant is in November is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

. wrong thread

Post edited by Swaine on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

My father in law is on Invalidity Pension and turns 66 in early November.

He will probably switch to the old age pension but he asked me if he will be getting the one off payment of €500.

Would anyone know?

Curious about this as well. I've been on DA since November last and there's a possibility I may be transferred to a Training Allowance before the €500 is paid out. Called the DSP and the woman I spoke to just didn't know.

My father in law said he was on Invalidity Pension on the day the decision was stated in the budget but the payment is being made less than one week AFTER his 66th birthday.

I work three days a week and claim jobseekers benefit for the other two (€83). I wonder if I will get a double payment next week?

Got this a short while ago. Would say your father is in the same boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I don’t want to sound greedy, but curiosity has got the better of me. I’m on half rate Carer’s along side another allowance, both of which are eligible for the €500 payments. I’d hardly be entitled to both €500 payments? Thanks!

Thanks for sharing. It's a little unfair on some people but I will let him know.

• Advertisement

The pensioners aren’t getting the €500. If your father in law is 66 before the 14 November then he will no longer be on invalidity pension so won’t be eligible for the lump sum.

Thanks I think his birthday is 4 days before this, it's a pity as I believe he was on Invalidity Pension for a long time but I suppose that's the way it goes sometimes.

There has to be a cut off date. What I’ve found with these big splashy giveaway benefits budgets is that there are always lots of people disappointed in the end, far more so then when it’s just a €5 a week raise in Jan.

Yes I know what you mean, it's just bad luck for him.

Any parent that pays the rent of a child living in RTB registered accommodation would be able to access the €500 credit. Student accommodation owned by third-level institutions are currently covered by the RTB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

I asked on Budget Day if people on Illness Benefit qualify as well for the double payment. I asked here- and I asked the DoSP. I got no answer.

Newspapers gave their usual unclear general stuff without paying attention to the details. So I got nowhere.

It looks like this week is double payment week. I am on IB- and guess what- I got no double payment today. Just like with the Christmas bonus people on benefit get NOTHING.

• Advertisement

Was there a double Living Alone Allowance this week too? Apparently so

Whatever is your social welfare payment every week was doubled if your payment was on the list, including LAI.

A quick google Hawthorne brought me to the gov.ie website. Here’s what I found. A list of payments which are being paid on the double this week.

Notes

Number of people to receive Autumn Double Payment

SchemeEstimated number of recipients of Autumn Double PaymentState Pension (Non-Contributory)95,000Jobseeker's Allowance136,000One Parent Family Payment41,000Widow(er)s' Pension (Non-Contributory)1,000Supplementary Welfare Allowance13,000Daily Expenses Allowance4,000Farm Assist5,000Community Employment19,000Rural Social Scheme3,000TUS5,000Back to Work Enterprise Allowance3,000Back to Education Allowance4,000Back to Work Family Dividend3,000Disability Allowance155,000Blind Pension1,000Carer's Allowance91,000Domiciliary Care Allowance48,000Guardian's Payment (Non-Contributory)1,000Jobseeker’s Benefit45,000Jobseeker’s Benefit Self-Employed1,000State Pension (Contributory)494,000Widow(er)s' Surviving Civil Partners Pension (Contributory)124,000Occupational Injuries Death Benefit1,000Deserted Wife's Benefit5,000Partial Capacity Benefit3,000Invalidity Pension57,000Disablement Benefit14,000Carer's Benefit3,000Guardian's Payment (Contributory)1,000

Well, I'm going to say you're incorrect here 😎 The telephone allowance of €2.50 was not doubled 😋

Ok. That’s a disgrace. How are people on SW supposed to manage?

Noted.

That info was published 2 days ago. Budget Day was 27th of September. No answer from the DoSP to my mail sent on the day after the budget. No precise info here either until today. Easy to google for it now when it is finally available somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭limos

Hi i only got carers in august but will i be entitled to the €500 carers grant lump sum as i havent received a grant this year

On the day after the budget all the details still had to be finalized and that took until late last week to tidy up because the amounts had been only agreed literally the night before.

Nobody could have answered your email because nobody knew exactly when or how much it was going to be.

It’s amazing.

It doesn’t matter what people get in the budget there will always be some people crying and moaning and whinging that it’s not fair. And begrudging others.

Im not saying that’s you, but it’s a fact.

You say you are on IB and it looks like it’s for some time now. Can I advise you that you should/could apply for IP before your entitlement runs out.

I am not begrudging anybody. I am only annoyed about the bad information policy of the government departments. It is not only the DoSP- it is the lot of them. You might get an automatic answer or a "secretary" telling you the minister will be back to you shortly with an answer. But that rarely happens. The media only hand out wishy washy stuff- nothing detailed. Sensationalism is the name of the game. I do not believe for one second that the figures were not known until only very recently. The department could have published a complete list of all schemes qualifying for the double pay on budget day. That was known since the night they government parties agreed on handing out a double payment. Instead they praised themselves about the good job they are doing. I am sure it will be the same the next time. This is not the first and not the last time people got no info about those special payments until the lot was actually over. I do not understand how they cannot get that act together.

Thanks for the offer with the IP. I will be reaching pension age soon and will switch over to the contributory pension- that will solve some problems.

I was looking at the FA and HBP budget measures, and I was thinking is this not going to spur EU/UK pensioners to migrate here? Purely for the financial benefits.

That’s an interesting take. The HBP and the fuel allowance combined averages out at an extra €26 per week per household per year.

Do you think pensioners are going to leave their homes their families and their way of life to come and live in Ireland for an extra €26 per week?

Would you?

Also, where will these pensioners live? If they get sick how will they get treatment?

• Advertisement
Advertisement