Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing / cutting out the router on FTTH connection

Options
  • 22-09-2022 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭

Everything seems to be fine with our FTTH connection, getting 454mbps on a 512mbps FTTH connection when using the ethernet wire coming from the router - for testing purposes I just want to see what the speed is like cutting out the router altogether and just using the LAN Ethernet connection from the indoor ONT unit.

Didn't want to test it on my laptop because I only seem to have a 10/100 LAN in my laptop, so borrowed the wife's one which is a bit newer and has a 10/100/1gbps LAN in it.

From memory I think you have to go into device manager and in the LAN settings you have to put a VLAN number in (is it 10 or 12 for Ireland something like that?)

well gone into her settings for her LAN card which is a INTEL 1219-V gigabit card and whilst I could see a 'VLAN enabled' setting I could not see anywhere to add the VLAN ID number.

Any Ideas please or will I have to do a lot of extensive research on google and download/ try out different drivers from INTEL?

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement