Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is NCT Booking so Broken

Options
  • 22-09-2022 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭

We've had the NCT for 20yrs, 2 decades. How on earth is the online booking is still so broken.

You just phone now and ignore the website. The website has about a 5 month waiting list.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭victor8600

True, I have booked my NCT appointment for January a few week ago. But they have earlier appointment dates if one phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

NCT thread is here and quite active if you want to post something: NCT during the 2020/21 Covid19 pandemic - Page 37 — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

There is nothing wrong with the NCT site itself, you can still book an appointment on it, albeit 5 months in advance. NCTS only load cancellations to the website once a day (usually around midnight) so if you log in around then you can get an appointment closer to the date. It has always been a case of calling the NCTS to see if you can get a cancellation anyway, so nothing has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I had read on one of the threads that they got rid of overtime after peak COVID and that has reduced the number of available tests. I try to go near 3 months out from due test where possible, that might mean making the booking 2 months before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I booked a test last week for January 23!!

That's pretty pretty bad.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Requested a priority test about a month ago. Got an appointment yesterday for another three weeks out.

They're refusing to give the free test if no date within 28 days currently, as they'd have to give it to everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

the phone booking isn't as sure fire as it used to be... it's still months of 'priority list' in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

My months-in-advance appointment got cancelled for "operational reasons". Re-booking could only get me one another month after that...

Advertisement