Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zero days since Beasty was at it again

Options
  • 20-09-2022 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Perfectly vaild topic for discussion but its a "trans issue" so when Beasty can't find any excuse to lock the thread, he falls back on his old favourite of reading peoples minds via the internet and declares that the thread was only started to "enable transphobes".

Heaven forbid that a person finding the subject of the threads behaviour outlandish and worthy of discussion could be anything other than transphobia 🤔

Now theres no point having this mod defend his actions, he's beyond reason. I've no doubt once he sees this, he'll be trawling through my post history looking for an excuse to ban me. I'm just curious if there are other mods who are willing to publically try to rationalise this carry on? Or ones who are willing to publically disassociate themselves from such nonsense?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,015 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The whole thread was about bigoted transphobic insults and hatred of a trans woman. Correct decision.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I really didn’t see transphobia in the thread but people who pointed out that an individual’s bizarre behaviour, (which would normally trigger a debate on mental health) seems to be condoned because any criticism of trans issues is now deemed transphobia. I actually found it quite interesting to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,266 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I think there is an important question there about why one persons desire is more important than the proper education of a group of children, but as usual threads are being shut down at the very hint of any criticism of certain untouchable groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Now theres no point having this mod defend his actions, he's beyond reason. I've no doubt once he sees this, he'll be trawling through my

post history looking for an excuse to ban me. I'm just curious if there are other mods who are willing to publically try to rationalise this carry on? Or ones who are willing to publically disassociate themselves from such nonsense

He literally removed another mods post recently for "transphobia" after the ever offended started demanding that action to be taken. Boards has always ruled ideologically, but it was always denied by the mods and the posters who benefited from it, yet now they are all but admitting it with these ridiculous decisions.

All the same, why are you here knowing what you know? Boards isn't going to change, there'll never be a day when rules are applied fairly, so why bother complaining? I'm guilty of it myself, but at the end of the day it's pointless. As it stand boards is only surviving based on posters who all but live here, who've been posting for years on end, some of them knocking around over 20 years. Once they are gone boards will be gone with them, because they gain very few new users due to how terribly ran the site is. Their decisions will be their death, it's only a matter of time.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And the trolls (in this case the OP) are at it again

And don't worry, no trawling is required

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement