Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going to happen on September 24th?

Options
  • 20-09-2022 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,193 ✭✭✭✭

Rumours circulating on social media( I know) something that will change the World we live in will happen on September the 24th 2022.

Any prededictions?

I think the most common one is a world wide blackout.

Or maybe the Internet might go down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭timmyntc

OP I think thats when zamatta is due

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hey2.Hey2

FFS ... The sun will rise, the sun will set. If that doesn't happen then you're be in no condition to worry about it. Other than that, rumours? The 'Elites' are taking over...? Then I can only say they'll surely do a better job than whoever runs this shítshow now.

Will it affect you or me? Nah ...

Post edited by Hey2.Hey2 on

Ireland are gonna beat Scotland in soccer.

and I'm going for pints and tequila to watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

If I forget the flowers and card for our anniversary tomorrow, I can make a very serious prediction for the 22nd.

Armageddon ? Pah! Internet Blackout? Pah!

Me: "what's up sweetie?"

Mrs N : " NOTHING" <===== THAT right there should be descriptive enough

By the 24th, I'll be praying for release.

OR.....

I'll head off to the shops now, what do you guys recommend... Aldi or Lidl ?🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Trump will finally save us all from the libtard paedophiles?

Where's :pac: when you need it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Depends on what anniversary it is!

OP, I suspect that on the 24th...

"And so, life in the world goes on, very much as it has this past Age… full of its own comings and goings, with change coming slowly, if it comes at all"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

might rain, maybe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Ffs, people really need to stop paying attention to every brainfart regurgitated on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭Allinall

One of those things definitely won't happen.

Just prepare yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,193 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe Enoch Burke and his family will take over the World!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Boards Golf Society play Captains Prize in Mount Juliet 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

43 years of wedded bliss. I know !! I'll get her a medal!

As to the OP :

Over the years, I've often wondered about things like "the second coming" or some divine retribution for mankind's many misdemeanours. But then I think, that in the whole cosmos over the whole of time, nothing really happens, just the day to day universe stuff. Why should our infinitesimally small speck of dust be visited with some deliberately targeted catastrophe? Its all in our heads. (I've ruined many a good Exorcist type film for myself with this question - although it was probably a defence mechanism to stop me being paralysed with fear).

maybe on 24th september 2022 at 00:00:00.0000000000001 all the computers in the world read the timestamp and because of the pattern of 1's and 0's unique to that timestamp, say "wait a minute... you CAN divide by zero!" zzzzzzzzztttttttt, BANG!

and I won't even be able to come here and say "I told you so!".

Anyway, enough of this science stuff, I'm off to the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It's in the Bible.

IS DANIEL 9:24 THE/A KEY TO THE END TIMES?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,812 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It better not be the end of the world, I’ve a lunch date.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

It's came from some load of sh1te on TikTok.

Nothing will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Well, apparently Friedrich Merz (a German politician) delivered a speech in parliament earlier this year and said that September 24th will be a day we'll all remember. However, he actually meant February 24th, the day when Russia invaded the Ukraine.

The clip went viral without context, and social media picked it up (quite late it seems).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I read in the internet that something was meant to happen in 2025, or was that 2012 or 1999.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Get the lunch in and hopefully the world will end and you won't have to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,014 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users Posts: 30,193 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think may final answer is Tubridy will do something major on The Late Late Show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Well if he’s saying it’s a day we will all remember, that rules out that we’re all gonna die!

Silver linings, dog 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Would be fairly major alright

i mean, to move it from a Friday to a Saturday would just disrupt the whole Irish way of life.

🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭cml387

It used to be on Saturday. The proper day for it actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

First autumn frost in the morning maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

You might get to spend the rest of your lives together. Joke's aside, hope you enjoy your date.

Advertisement