Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development - River Walk, Ballymore Eustace

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Blackbird2022

@ultracrepidarian unfortunately I don't think so. We were just told that was the rating and depending on the orientation of the houses - they are A2 or A3. The development is advertised on daft.ie as A2 still.

@tnegun I asked my solicitor to follow up on it so they will hopefully let me know today. I know I was told at the viewing that the houses would be A2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Good luck with it, I grew up not far from there and have lots of happy memories from Ballymore in my youth!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MaximilienMK

@ultracrepidarian From an aesthetic point of view, I hope they do build the creche. I remember seeing a render of it somewhere and it seemed to be built entirely of stone so the building itself looked really nice.

@Blackbird2022 I have a copy of the initial service charge budget and it seems fine. It mainly covers the cost of bin collection, ground maintenance, managing agent fees, electricity, insurances, repairs etc. From experience, management fees can range from a couple hundred to a couple thousand so I'd say this is reasonable enough. It also means we're less beholden to the council to get things done and gives us a little more say in how the estate looks and functions. When our solicitor was reviewing title, they mentioned to us that it was clear that the intent was to make the estate somewhat high-end which I suppose can only be good for us as owners but also for property value?

Didn't think the A-rating of a house would be dependent on its orientation. Let us know how you get on with the solicitor - I'd be interested to know how that pans out.

This might be a little too soon, but should we create a resident Whatsapp group or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ultracrepidarian

@MaximilienMK my wife and I set up a Facebook page about the same time as I started this thread but there's been no action on it yet. Happy to share that or move to Whatsapp if someone wants to set up a group? Good to keep communication going at this stage when there's lot of updates and change.

Thank you for clarifying the breakdown of the services charges. That seems fair when you consider everything covered.

Yes I'm open to either group suggestion also. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 MaximilienMK

I’ve set up a residents whatsapp group so we can keep in touch. If anyone wants to be added, just send me a DM with your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kdmik

Hi I'm interested in buying house in ballymore escute, but I'm just wondering if there are some flood issues. I saw a video that somebody recorded a short video that flooded in Ballymore escute. I don't know the area, but I hope it's not near housing estate. I'm also wondering if all properties are completely built (turn key condition)? Also is housing estate close to river? I appreciate that if anybody give some information. Is there any secondary school nearby?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Illywhacker

I never heard of flooding but perhaps phone Kildare county council?

DM with other questions please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Re flood issues. I grew up near Ballymore and don't ever remember any significant flooding, it has the benefit of being immediately downstream of two dams and the spillways have never been used on either as the capacity of the main reservoir is so large, so in the event of significant rainfall discharge can be controlled very easily. You can check here too https://www.floodinfo.ie/map/floodmaps/ and I don't see anything listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nialcon

Hi,

We are waiting for one of the Rye showhouses to be completed. Seems to be taking an age. We were also told by a guy working there that phase 2 of the Rye houses has been postponed due to lack of interest. The estate agent mentioned various rumours so I'd certainly take it with a pinch of salt. I'd be a little concerned about the paths along the river being completed also. It looks great in the plans but I asked the estate agent & he didn't seem to know anything about that area. (By the River!) I don't know if anyone has any insight.

Cheers,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭billy_beckham

Wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear that demand for the 650k offering has cooled. There has been a price reduction on most of the other varieties. Eg 2 bed 415k to 400k..

Delays looking like they will drag well into the new year unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Monstera

Yeah we were interested in the Rye based on the promotional material. But when we saw the CGI walk through we were put off. The much promoted balconies at the back will look over a ? Public walk way rather than the river directly. And compared to houses in Naas the price doesn’t seem right relatively.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LighterThanAir

Anyone here already living or about to move and have creche/daycare aged children? We're considering River Walk but as far as we've seen there are no creches around (walking distance).

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭billy_beckham

2 childcare facilities as far as I know, 1 in the school across the road, Helping Hands I think it's called, another beside the Catholic Church, Ballymore Playschool?

Primary school has a service called helping hands which runs a play school/ECCE and Afterschool service.

Resource centre by the church runs ECCE /play school.

For full daycare you’d need to look at Naas, blessington etc. or a childminder.

That might change as the population increases with the 2 new developments in the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ballymoo123

Hi

Myself and my partner are really interested in the Riverwalk development. Does anyone know if there are many 3/4 beds left and know what the internet is like in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DubSP

Hi Everyone

Me and my Partner are torn between the 3 Bed in Riverwalk or the other Development in Ballymore. Has anyone move in already and can give advice on the commute times to D2 and how the Village life is like?

Thanks in advance :)

You’re very welcome to PM me. I know the area and am currently living nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Procent

Hello,

Wondering if anyone who's moved in already has any feedback so far? We are in Phase 2 and any tips to look out for are appreciated!

@Blackbird2022 Did you ever get clarification on A2 vs A3? I see some of the websites have now been update to say A3.

Thanks a lot!

Hey @Procent,

As far as I'm aware only two houses have moved in so far. Its looking like April or May for most of phase one, but unfortunately nobody is getting much information on dates. Have you got any indication of dates for your property?

I did receive the final BER certificate for the property and it is A3. I also noticed that on daft.ie that the properties all state A3 now even though it was originally A2. I just kind of accepted it without following up on it but apparently it was to do with the orientation of our property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

How much are the manageent fees in the estate? And is the rubbish by wheelie bin collections or a communal bin store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Procent

@Blackbird2022 Have been told approx. mid-June. But given delays in Phase 1 expecting that to stretch out...

Have been told all two stories will be A2. But some of the cottages will be A3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lifewithabigspoon

We’re Phase 2 also. A couple of weeks ago we were told handover in May but from the sound of things mid-June sounds more likely ….hopefully we’re in before the summer ends anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ladybird0123

Hi everyone! Bit late to the party but we are considering a 3 bedroom house in river walk. There are only north facing gardens left of course but are same price as south facing! Really concerned about light and whether the garden will have any sun in the summer! Concerned that the kitchen and living room will be very dark. Has anyone worked this out in terms what hours of day light would hit gardens? It seems the back garden wall is very high too and other houses may obstruct. We are first time buyers and afraid to have regrets re garden orientation that we will be in shade all day! Any advice welcome! Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aga10

Hi everyone! We are just paid the deposit on a 2-bed cottage in River Walk Development. I was just wondering if anybody who has already moved in has any thoughts about the house. I wondered about the internet connection and other amenities (rubbish collection). We are absolutely in love with the cottage. We would welcome any comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ballymoo

Hi

Myself and my partner put a deposit down on a 3 bed in Riverwalk. We have been told the house may be ready in early May! Has anyone else been given a date or heard anymore about how the esb and water is progressing as the agent said that was causing the delay!

THanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

you can use a sunlight calculator like this or similar https://www.sunearthtools.com/dp/tools/pos_sun.php

Put the GPS coordinates of the house in and then adjust by month to see how many hours of sunlight it will get. In general with northfacing gardens the first few metres of them see no sun whatsoever as the house (assuming 2 storey plus pitched roof) always has it in shade. So alot depends on how many metres your garden goes back from the back patio doors, if its only 3 metres then you will be in shade, further than that the sun will be able to hit it in summer but just not as many hours as it would in a south facing garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 matthews55

Hi I am just wondering if you know whats happening in riverwalk. I am hearing there is more tests to be approved on the water and the results will be known in about a week to two weeks. Like everyone else we should have been in last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ultracrepidarian

Hi Matthew,

There isn't any real update. Ballymore confirmed last month that all testing was complete and there would be absolutely no further tests or delays... But they're now saying further water tests are required before Irish Water connect and they will let us know by the end of this month.

Can't trust a word from Ballymore. If you didn't know who they were, you would think they were cowboys and this was their first development the way they have managed this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭HotWaterCylinder

Just came across this thread.

I've spent some time in ballymore and that area did flood in my memory.

Wasn't from the liffy though, there is a river that runs under the school, that under ground pipe can become overwhelmed and the river goes over the road and down the Kilcullen road.

After that flood the wall across from the school was badly damaged and the walkway down to the river was washed away. I'd say that was 2013

Advertisement