Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did the Queen die of?

Options
  • 17-09-2022 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭

And why is it a secret?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,819 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Supposedly bone cancer..

maybe a secret because they would be asked how long it was known that she was dying and was it not in the public interest to know…

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Wezz

It’s not a secret, it’s private. The public don’t need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Got a letter from welfare looking for proof she was seeking work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The rumour is cancer but in any event she was 96, geriatric ailments take a toll.

I do think that come the worst of Britain's winter. When energy costs, flu, covid and the choice to heat or eat start taking a toll...

That the cause of death will be trotted out and the Plebs will be be reminded that her Maj worked up to the day before she died 🤷‍♂️ So however hard the public has it, her Maj worked for the glory of the UK until she pegged it. The least the Plebs can do is keep calm and carry on.

So said Plebs will shut up, put on a second jumper and boil their shoes a bit longer before eating them.

Shit show of performative mourning and anachronistic pageantry that does nothing for the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Truss poisoned her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

A covid/herpes hybrid infection is the word on our street

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭FoxForce5

Syphilis??? Philip was a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mattser

She died of a Thursday I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭standardg60

A Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

I’m always amused by people who puzzle over the death of someone in their 90s+.

These are the people who simply don’t accept that they themselves are ever going to die, and more then that, they fully expect that they will never have to deal with the death of a loved one.

How did this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,946 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Which Queen?

If you mean Queen Elisabeth she was 96. I hate to break it to people but we are all going to die sometime.

I’m a person fascinated by science, so I’m naturally curious as to what finally caused her to pop her clogs, never mind she was of a certain age where it’s kind of on the cards. I’m guessing that if the alleged cancer hadn’t hit her she might, like her mother, have lived a lifespan 100+. But was it primary or secondary bone cancer, that’s where my curiosity would lie. Probably primary, but if it were secondary the primary would most likely have been breast cancer, and goodness knows if she ever had a mastectomy, which can be done these days as an overnight case. Bone cancer is extremely painful, and causes hypercalcaemia with its kidney damage, so renal failure can be cause of death or else pneumonia with se o diaries on the lung.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,684 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She died of death, no mystery . Age gets us all in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Acute late onset ancientosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭spakman

It's really none of your business how much pain she was in, or whether her kidneys were functioning.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,024 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

a massive cocaine binge. If you live to 96 you'll throw caution to the wind too...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭standardg60

Damn knew someone was going to beat me to it :-)

• Advertisement

Theres another cancer of the bone marrow/blood that the Queen could have died from, the same as the late wife of former CMO Dr Tony Holohan, Myeloma. It often results in fatal kidney failure as the resulting light chains build up in the tubules. This is often a prolonged illness before being fatal. Other possibilities relating to bones are various other forms of blood cancer like Waldenström’s macroglobinaemus, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia/lymphoma etc. These are usually present many years before proving fatal in conjunction with other complications. The Queen Mother eventually died from bone marrow failure, albeit at a great age. It’s likely the Queen suffered kidney failure in the end, and often the final result is an acute stroke. All would explain how she was up and about enough to meet Liz Truss two days before. She probably went to bed and was found unresponsive in the morning on the day she died.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Was hardly a skydiving accident, now was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

At 96 everyone has cancer

Not that the cancer kills them all, lots of other health risks from being almost a century old

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Oh, and we all know deep down that she actually died of embarrassment knowing that Liz Truss was the new Prime minister after Johnson finally resigned

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,233 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

To begin with Churchill and Attlee and end with Johnson and Truss.... How truly soul destroying that must be for a 70-year head of state...

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Being 96.

My gran was 97 when she died - I just assumed it was old age. Has something been kept secret from me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Jesus bone cancer is an awful bugger. If that's true she must have been in a lot of pain. I hope they had her on the good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

It was Harry and Meghan wot did it...

Everyone does of something even in old age, though as long as murder isn’t suspected the autopsy is most often left out. Very often it will be the delayed result of a fall, as happened with two of my mother’s cousins, one age 99, the other 102. The 99 year old said she was fine after the fall, went to bed, turned out a brain haemorrhage had started and she died extremely peacefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Duke of Schomberg

Well, that a number people are interested in the death of the UK's Queen and about half-a-dozen people will be interested in the death of Michael D says a lot . . .

Advertisement