Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭jj880

Dont like to admit it but at the moment I agree. Have a preorder in that wont be charged until cart is shipped but need to see something. Hopefully new trailer tomorrow will show a big reveal.

Edit: or is this post some kind of p!ss take? 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

@jj880 it can be a bit of both 😉

I expect I won't like it for the same reasons I didn't like BOTW as much as prior Zelda games, but I still have the pre-order in and will give it a shot.

Fusing stuff doesn't really make up for breaking weapons which is such an annoying game gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,081 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The secrecy around this game is unreal. Nintendo only revealed the name of the game last September, they had previously said the name would reveal a big secret. Did it?

The contrast in coverage between what BOTW got and what TOTK has gotten is night and day. BOTW had lots of revelations and a playable demo almost a year prior to release.

Are there dungeons this time, are there shrines? Is there underwater sections, are Korok seeds back, or is there something else as a replacement? We haven't seen any villages or NPC's. What are those green swirly mounds? Are they the Shrine replacements? They seemed to be only on the ground, but you could see a couple of of them on the islands in the sky in the last trailer.

Edit: We do see Kakariko Village from a distance with the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab in the foreground.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pre-ordered today - first time I've preordered a game in years. Was able to get TotK and Fire Emblem Engage for 99 for the two with the eShop game voucher - they give you a five back in eShop credit too. Bit of a no-brainer when it's 70 by itself.

I do not want to hear any mention of paid DLC in this trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I wonder who will get first dibs on reviews ?

Will Edge Magazine have a review early ?

Not long now to be honest.

I think Nintendo are going to be very careful about who gets to review this game. They don't want any leaks.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – Official Trailer #3 (Nintendo Switch)

That was amazing. It is spoilery for those thinking about whether or not to watch it. But I think you have to watch it. I don't regret watching it.

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Hope Steph Sterling gives it a 6.9 this time for **** and giggles and we all sit in to watch the internet lose its mind over the score of one reviewer again.

I'm so hyped, I've pretty much written off most of May to enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That was epic

I'm not going to watch that !! 🥴

Thinking, when BOTW came out, hardly anyone had a machine to play it on.

Now, 100+ million machines to play TOTK and a load of new Zelda fans.

I hope it's amazing. If Nintendo pull this off again on the puny little Switch it'll be a real kick in the arse to the rest of the industry to pull their socks up. 😁

28 days and 18 hours

For any chronological minded people

WHATS THAT IN SECONDS 😳😳😳

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That sure looks like a good video-game.

The hacks people will come with for that building mechanic are gonna be epic.

Watched it. Looks fantastic. Goosebumps. 😁 My phone was so impressed it gave me this option to share it from YouTube ! 😁

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Looks wonderful. Couldn’t help but get a vibe of Mario Galaxy off some of the scenes (a good thing!).

Nintendo Japan just released art of a certain antagonist character. Avoiding spoilers, so ye can go look it up yourselves.

Is it May yet ?

No spoilers or I will hunt you down Snake Plissken style with my eye patch

I swear to all the gods if anyone spoilers this as long as you are on this site I will find you and ruin everything you hold dear.

• Advertisement

Brilliant trailer.

Not sure why Nintendo uses illumination for the mario movie. That 3 minutes was more exciting and better looking artistically than the mario movie. And you can play it real time on a mobile device with 2015 tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Amazing trailer. Goosebumps!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I loved the subtle, subdued score of BOTW, but still: loved when the bombastic version of the theme came on at the end of that trailer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

According to the box office, Nintendo aren't gonna wonder too much 🤭

In fact, related to this game, that Mario film's success has probably increased the chances of a Zelda film by a significant factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭jj880

Im all in. That was epic.

Just looking at that trailer makes me think there will no better game on Switch in terms of pushing the console to its absolute limits. A must have before next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Turned it off halfway through but that looks amazing and did away with any worries I had about being bored going over the same map again.

You can watch the first 52 seconds of the trailer without any spoilers.

How can you put a spoiler tag on an image? Or select just an individual word from a paragraph without the whole thing being blocked?

• Advertisement

The Zelda team definitely know how to do a trailer.

Incredible.

Advertisement