Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT query

Options
  • 07-09-2022 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

My NCT is tomorrow and I'm wondering if it will fail over a faulty indicator light. I have a 2011 Ford Focus - all 4 indicator lights beside the font and rear headlights are working fine.

There are two other indicator lights on the back of each wing mirror and one of these isn't working. Bought a replacement bulb today and went to replace it, but the connection is corroded due to water damage, and I don't have time to get this fixed.

Is this something that would make the car fail? Or would the other 4 working lights mean it could pass? Tempted to disconnect the working light and hope they don't notice... probably unlikely though.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

Yes it's a fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭dontmindme

Not sure if they're treated as - 'if it's present it must work'. If you can do nothing about it and the test is tomorrow you've nothing to lose if you've already forfeited the price of the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

Sorry. It used to be a fail so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Sorry to highjack your thread OP I've an NCT related question..my NCT is up October 6th & got the usual email reminding me to book within the month.

Just after checking & the next available dates in any of the centres near me all are in Jan/Feb of 2023!!

How the flip is the backlog that long FFS 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Call them..... This has been said time and time again on the Forum. You might get a cancellation appointment over the phone or you can log in to the NCTS website at about midnight and pick up an appointment closer to the time.

For reference, you can have your car tested up to 90 days in advance. That little disk on your windscreen should act as a constant reminder, in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Jayno66

Thanks folks. Car passed today thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭delboythedub

Should the test be free if you are waiting more than 8 weeks ????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Thanks everyone, online after 12 last night & managed to get a cancellation for 2nd of October. Delighted 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

Priority by phone only really hand out dates 3 weeks ahead but sometimes take a week or two to give you a date. They are unlikely to offer you a date more than 8 weeks later so I think they cover themselves from giving free tests to those who ring. Retests are given even higher priority a week or so.

Advertisement