Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good Dryer

Options
  • 04-09-2022 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

In the market for a dryer, anyone recommend something that's good value and economical to run?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kinney

Is it safe to buy a no-brand dryer? I've found a compact dryer with 10 lbs cloth capacity, but the brand is not known. I came across with https://costway.pissedconsumer.com/review.html and found a dryer at an affordable price at their store, but neither the brand nor the website is known to me. Should I risk?

Post edited by kinney on

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

A line out the back garden is the most economical, condensor dryers and vented dryers are now going to be pretty expensive to run the way elecrtric prices are going, if you can afford a decent heat pump dryer will be more economical in the long wrong.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Logik by currys is fair decent. I rarely spend huge money on white goods anymore. They all break as quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Get a heat pump drier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

I second the heat pump.

They cost about 1/3 the amount to run. They tend to be more expensive but if you are using themselves regularly they will pay for themselves very quickly.

They tend to take longer to dry clothes as they run at a slightly lower temperature to maximise efficiency.

Try get one with a long warranty. If they break they can be expensive to fix and they are far more complicated than an ordinary dryer which is just a glorified hair dryer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement